The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Excited about getting a "new to me" Carter D10
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2017 7:14 am    

I have missed not having a D10 again and whereas most folks my age are going to s10s, i enjoy the sound of the c6th pedal too much to not have it. I am buying the steel from a fellow forumite and will post pictures next week. No point in my post other than just to share my love of all steel guitars and its wonderful music.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Robert Rhea

Panama City, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 8:23 am    

Larry, I know you're excited to get your (my) Carter! Here is what he's getting. It will be on the way to Oklahoma on Friday!

She's ready to go!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 11:16 am    

Cool...thanks for posting that!!
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 12:26 pm    

Good for you Larry. That's a beautiful steel.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 6:56 pm    

Larry, why waste time? You might as well put it up for sale now Laughing

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 7:30 pm    

Hey Ron,,,funny guy ! Smile. See you in january in Mesa, and i will have the carter with me, but not for sale !

Chris Reesor

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2017 7:34 pm    

That was cruel, Ron (even if possibly true)! We should let the guy have his fun,eh?
You just might like this one, Larry. Good sounding, smooth playing and pretty light for a D10. Are those XR16 pickups, BTW?
Couple more knees and I'd probably make the effort to find a spot for it at my place. Very Happy

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2017 6:02 am    

Being from Oklahoma, I really never met a steel I didnt like Smile. If i had the funds i would have kept all of them, and I have owned a ton of them for sure. Some i just rented...haha
As someone mentioned in another thread, buy high, sell low. I like to keep the economy going. This carter just seems like a great fit for me.....beautiful to look at, reasonable price and everything i need in a steel with tone and playability...i think this will be my fifth carter that i have owned since 1981...four of them were D10s. I do have fun.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2017 9:20 pm    

I always wanted to put a chrome pick guard on my Tele and blind people with a rick-o-shayed spot light. That is a nice looking steel. Laughing