INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone tried the Trio+ by Electroharmonics?
Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post Posted 12 Nov 2017 7:39 pm     Reply with quote

Looks and sounds pretty good on youtube. On the plus you can save your songs to a 32gig card. With the foot switch you can start anywhere or go back to choruses and verses with a simple foot switch for songs you want to extend.
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post Posted 12 Nov 2017 9:36 pm     Reply with quote

I have had one for 2+ ears. Don't use it much cause it doesn't do all those things. Must be they've added functions.

Lawndale California, USA
Post Posted 12 Nov 2017 10:34 pm     Reply with quote

No - because it's made by Digitech!

Laughing

i've had one for a couple of years and use it every few days. I'm stuck at home because of chronic pain and it's my "band" when I can't sucker friends into coming over.

the Plus version DOES have all those functions, BTW.

Works great! The trick is playing *simple* when you want to create a backup section - then by switching the style knobs around you can twist the backup parts all sorts of ways. The simpler you play the better the backup part will "sync".

The sound of both bass and drums is great because they're real instruments. The other thing I really like is that the parts are dynamic - they don't just repeat the same thing over and over, but instead there are subtle changes like a real musician would play.

I don't use the "save" function much but I do use it to create quick song or song section backups. The funny thing is, I don't like Band in a Box, which uses the same "engine" - supposedly. they don't seem at all alike to me.

Very useful and fun tool.

Illinois, USA
Post Posted 13 Nov 2017 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Jim Sliff wrote:
No - because it's made by Digitech!

Laughing

i've had one for a couple of years and use it every few days. I'm stuck at home because of chronic pain and it's my "band" when I can't sucker friends into coming over.

the Plus version DOES have all those functions, BTW.

Works great! The trick is playing *simple* when you want to create a backup section - then by switching the style knobs around you can twist the backup parts all sorts of ways. The simpler you play the better the backup part will "sync".

The sound of both bass and drums is great because they're real instruments. The other thing I really like is that the parts are dynamic - they don't just repeat the same thing over and over, but instead there are subtle changes like a real musician would play.

I don't use the "save" function much but I do use it to create quick song or song section backups. The funny thing is, I don't like Band in a Box, which uses the same "engine" - supposedly. they don't seem at all alike to me.

Very useful and fun tool.

Is there a count in click to start the music when you have created a song or does it just start the song?
Jim Sliff

Lawndale California, USA
Post Posted 14 Nov 2017 9:43 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, you can set it to do a count-in. There are several options. If you read the info on the Digitech site I'm fairly sure they cover all that. You may be able to even download the entire manual.