The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  b0b you can close this...found what I needed...
Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2017 10:01 pm    

Hi everyone...does anyone know if Derby Pedal Steel Guitars are still be built since Charlie Stepp passed away...just needing a couple of part's...thanks for any info.

Brian Cool

Last edited by Brian Folks on 14 Nov 2017 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 2:33 pm     Re: Is any one still building Derby pedal Steels???

Brian Folks wrote:
Hi everyone...does anyone know if Derby Pedal Steel Guitars are still be built since Charlie Stepp passed away...just needing a couple of part's...thanks for any info.

Brian Cool

I dont think they are building anymore but last conversation I had with Bob Calloway is that there are parts available. This was a few years ago so Im not real sure if the numbers are valid.

Bobs number - 502-921-1868
Factory number - 502-957-1059

Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 4:47 pm     Is any one still building Derby pedal Steels???

Thanks a bunch Greg...i will call those phone #'s and see what i can find out, like you say if there still working #'s..

Thanks again,

Brian Cool

Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 11:37 am     Is any one still building Derby pedal Steels???

Please close thread...talked w/Derby...Thanks Brian Cool

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 2:33 pm     Re: Is any one still building Derby pedal Steels???

Brian Folks wrote:
Please close thread...talked w/Derby...Thanks Brian Cool

Altho I don't have one, I bet the players who do have a Derby would be interested in what you found out, Brian.

Brian Folks

N. Padre Island, Tx.
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 7:31 am     Is any one still building Derby pedal Steels???

Thanks Don...Talked to Bob Calloway w/Derby and he said the factory bldg. is still there, but said I could make them myself, as they are not to difficult to make, they are just small aluminum bar stock that you can buy and cut them to size(or length) and simply slip them into the slot's on the Derby pedal bar and mark the bar stock thru the holes where the screws go and pull them out and drill the holes on the tabs, then insert them in and add the screws (can find the screws at a hardware store as they are standard thread)...that is the whole of what I found out...did not seem hard too make...just a hacksaw, small file and find the aluminum bar stock and screws and anyone can make them...
Thanks for everything...b0b you can close this thread...

Thanks, Brian Cool