The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ProFex
Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 10:32 am    

Hadn’t used my ProFex for a couple years and decided to mess around with it again as there were some good programs with it, a couple I had tweaked for steel. When I turned it on it did it’s usual boot to Peavey ProFex ver 1.4 screen and then to program 1. It appears something got changed as the setting was a reverb/delay. After attempting to scroll thru settings, it appears the data selection function isn’t working. The display screen is good and functioning properly along with the other function buttons. It also has good output. Any ideas what may have changed? I pulled the cover and the battery appears good and not leaking. I believe i had it replaced some years ago. I reinitialized it to no avail, knowing I would lose my presets.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2017 6:25 am    

I have seen that happen on the older Profex. There are two very thin circuit traces that run by the battery to the data knob. If acid has leaked it can can cut one or both traces. The acid can be clear and hard to tell if it has leaked

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 11:45 am    

Thanks for the info Ken. I haven't pulled the bottom cover yet to check for damage, but I may just pull the battery to be on the safe side as I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. For those inquiring, this is the original "ProFex" and does not have the data/memory card slot.