The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The three Horse shoes
Lee Holliday

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 7:28 am    

Only one really qualifies for this forum but hopefully you will appreciate the different applications of the good old lucky horseshoe!!!

Lee

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 7:40 am    

Interesting! How does the jazzbox sound with a bridge horseshoe?

And what's the make of the Tele? I built/ordered a similar double f-hole tele with binding and a figured redwood top on mahogany about 15 years ago from USA Custom Guitars (Warmoth only did the single f-hole thinline, at least at the time). Mine had a P90 in the neck too (alnico polepiece Fralin) but a normal Tele bridge and pickup, and the Gibson style toggle like yours.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 8:42 am     Part of me...

Nice. Yet part of me is sad thinking about the steels that gave their pick-ups for the guitars. Laps destroyed beyond repair with their pick-ups left unscathed?
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Roeder

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 10:10 am    

That middle horse shoe doesn't look like a Rick PU, it reminds me of the first Bigsby horseshoes on Joaquin Murpheys first triple neck

Lee Holliday

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 1:23 pm    

The B6 is original mid to late 40,s , the Epiphone electar is from 1937 with Epiphones take on the Horseshoe before Rickenbacker enforced the patent.
The Tele caster was put together in 2001 in the UK by a luthier called Dave King, he is National & Martins authorised service warranty man.I hold my hands up on this one as using a broken 52 SD Rickenbacker for the pickup.
All of them are fantastic in there own way depending on the mood you are in.
My current favourite is the Electar as I have only had it a little while and it Honks with that pickup.
Regards Lee

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 12:27 am     Nice Panda!

I actually JUST picked one up almost identical to yours. I've had it for a week and absolutely love it. Sounds amazing.

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Raymond Jones

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 8:14 am     Three more + a cousin

My Horse Shoe Family - #0043 A22-1934, Panda - 1939, S/NS -1946 and there cousin from Fuzzy with an amazing Jason Lollar 8 string custom Horse Shoe - Thanks for showing your Horse Shoe Family - Cheers - Ray