The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  clark steel
Dean Rimmer

texas
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 11:49 am    

i've got a clark d 10 lookin to sell.....the visual is about n 8 out of 10 pu's work fine all the pedals work but are real stiff.....been sitting in a studio for the last13 years that i know of.......the mechanics are more than i care 2 get into....very clean....but again more than i care to get into....any ideas of value would be much appreciated.......thanks dean

Sidney Ralph Penton

Moberly, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 12:18 am     clark

i had a clark sd10 and nor did i like the set up underneath. so i sold it i think i got something like $1400 for it. what i would do after knowing what i know i would have taken it to a person that can change the undercarrage and have a undercarage done like carter, zum etc. i would say your psg is worth around $1800 thanks sid

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 3:48 am    

Dean,

Can you post pics of the underside?

Dean Rimmer

texas
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 8:47 am     clark steel

i'll get some pick out as soon as i can......i'm on the road right now.......n thank for getting back guys.....dean

Dean Rimmer

texas
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 1:49 pm     clark steel

hey tim.....if you can send me your e mail.i can get some pics out to you.....thanks dean

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 7:23 pm    

My first two D10s were Clarks, they were built by Jim Clark in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and I lived in Claremore about 20 miles away. They both sounded and played great, but they were very heavy and very hard to change setups on. Here's the second one I had, I played it for 10-12 years. Three of those mini-toggle switches controlled a Maestro leslie simulator, one of them switched the simulator in or out of the circuit, and I can't remember what the last one did, I think it was a coil tap switch for the pickup.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Dean Rimmer

texas
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 8:54 am     clark steel

ttt