The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Advice on Selling Price for "BLONDIE" 1964 Emmons
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 12:42 pm    

Didn't write the add or ever even ask about it. But back in the old days before knee levers were common. Guys, around here at least, would referee to their D-10's as a D-10 and 8, D-10 and 6 or D-10 and 9. It was D-10 or D-8 and how many pedals it had. Did Emmons think that way? I have no idea.

Jay Jessup

Charlottesville, VA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 11:14 am    

I'm no expert but if I had to guess I'd bet this will wind up somewhere between 10 and 15G's IF you find someone who just has to have this particular guitar which is a very Bigsby looking Emmons which I think makes it very cool!
An earlier poster said something about multi millionaire collectors which I just don't think applies to pedal steel. Sure they'd know about a 58 Sunburst Les Paul like one Clapton or Duane Allman may have played or a Lloyd Loar mandolin like Bill Monroe played. But mention pedal steel and Buddy Emmons to folks like that and I'm betting you'd get a really blank stare, followed by a "I never heard of them" comment.
As far as I know pedal steel collectors are pretty thin on the ground and us steel players in general are notorious cheapskates so put it out there and hope it goes to someone who'll really love it and get it into good playing shape.