The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Bandit Reverb Tank
Larry Phleger

DuBois, PA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 2:46 pm    

I recently purchased a Peavey Bandit 112(Not a Transtube). It appears that the reverb tank is shot as it has a loud hum when the reverb is actuated. Can anyone tell me where to get a good replacement? What are the input and output impedances of the 112 reverb tank? Any help with this would be appreciated

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 3:26 pm    

The model number should be stenciled on the tank. You will probably have to pull it out of it's cover. It should have 7 digits in letters and numbers.

You may have problems not related to the tank though. Possibly in the amp's reverb circuitry. You need to try and determine what the issue is first. Could be cables, backwards connected cables, etc.

....or you could just swap out the tank and hope for the best...may not fix your problem though.

www.tubesandmore.com has a chart on their site to decipher the code stamped on your tank. look on the side for the reverb tank button and click on one to see the chart. They also sell both Accutronics and Mod reverb tanks. The Mod brand is the one I used to replace the original in my NV400. I like it better.

Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 6:46 am    

Hi,
I recently aquired an old first generation bandit with exactly the same problem.I gently and very slightly wangled the moulded plastic connector that contains the reverb wires going out and back in to the amp ,you'll see it if you look up underneath the amp.It cured the problem ,they were probably not making a good earth after many years of being played.
I have a Vegas 400 (bought new in the early 80s) and this did exactly the same ,only with the speaker connection block causing loss of sound .I went to a Jeff Newman seminar here in UK ,the Vegas played up and Jeff got it going for me by this technique on the speaker output connector block.
I ended up having the speaker connector block removed and the speaker wires soldered to the output pins on the chassis ,I have not had any reoccurring issues for over 30 years now.
I hope your problem is as simple as this
Regards Dave.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 6:51 am    

Yes, the white Molex wiring cable connector at the amp has been known to cause these kinds of issues with reverb.

Larry Phleger

DuBois, PA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 7:04 pm    

Thanks for all the info. The power amp just went south, but the preamp out is working. Does anyone have a working 112 chassis for sale?

Brad Richard

Chisago City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 11:40 am    

Dave - THANK YOU!!!!!!
The reverb quit in my Bandit 65. I was ready to start digging into it when I came across your post. I had already jiggled the plastic connector (force of habit:) so I went back and tried it and, VOILA, my verb is back. Possibly the most painless repair I've ever made.
Thanks again,
Brad

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2019 12:22 pm    

I had a PV Clssic 30 & when I turned the reverb past 3, a loud whine would slowly come from the speaker. Wish I had known of this fix; I sold it very cheap & told the new owner about it; he didn't seem to care.