The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender Duel Pro. Sold, Donation to follow.
Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 9:32 pm    

Would like to sell my Fender Duel Pro.

I'm told by people who know more than me about these that it is a 52 or 53, but I've not taken off the key heads to confirm that.
As the photos will show, the chrome and fret boards are all in great shape and the tuners all work well.

The body looks like walnut and has the usual slight dents and nicks to be expected in a steel of this age that has been used.

Plays well and has good tone. Could use new pots or a spraying out as there is a little scratching. Other than that, a really nice steel.
Tuning now is E7th on the front neck. E B G# E D B G# E
A6th on the back neck. E C# A F# E C# A F#,
Easy to change to C6th without a string change.

I'm selling this as I have another Clinesmith D-8 Console on order to be ready next spring and don't expect to use this between now and then as I'll be going overseas soon until next March.
My asking price is $1,100.00 if I pay shipping in the lower 48. Beyond that I'd not want to ship it, $1.050.00 if you pick it up in the Eugene, Springfield Oregon area.

Included at No extra cost is the original beautiful tweed case; Whoa!
Comes with authentic water stains, tearing and other minor damage as well as that good old early 50's moldy smell to help prove the age of the steel. Shocked

One latch and the center claps work, but the other clasp does not click in. However I will give a bungy cord that I use to ensure the case will stay closed, also at No extra charge.

Also included is the wonderful custom handle it came to me with, Yes at No extra charge! How can you not fall in love with that handle?

When I got the steel the end of the case had blow out, but with some strong clamps and gorilla glue (And the bungy cord) it now holds the steel quite well.

Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Last edited by Andy DePaule on 18 Oct 2017 5:31 pm; edited 4 times in total

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 9:38 pm    

Andy......

What's your price on the Dual Pro?

Thanks!

Andy DePaule

Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 10:03 pm     Price now posted.

Hi Jim,
Price now posted. I accidentally posted this before I was finished uploading all the photos and text.
Best wishes,
Andy
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.

Wayne Joseph

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 6:26 pm     Fender

Hi Andy; I am very interested. I am in Florece OR and would like to come see it. My # is 541-997-7561 or e-mail classic_co@hotmail.com Thank you, WAYNE

Andy DePaule

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2017 5:35 pm     Sold, Donation to follow.

Sold to Wayne, a forum member and real nice guy and great not to need to ship it.
He got a nice Fender Duel Eight and I got some nice pictures of Ben Franklin, so all well that ends well.
Donation is on the way when I finish this message.
Thanks to all.
Andy