The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nash 112 and a PX-300 together
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 2:59 pm    

Does anyone know if you can use a Peavey PX-300 slaved to a Nashville 112? Or can it be slaved to a Webb 614E?

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 13 Oct 2017 5:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 5:32 pm    

On the NV-112 yes. Use the preamp out on the rear to the input on the PX-300 and you'll have an additional 300 watts controlled with the preamp. On the Webb it depends on if it has a preamp/line out on the rear of the chassis. Earlier models didn't and later models did but it works the same as the preamp out on the NV-112.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 5:42 pm    

Sweet. Thanks David. One more question. Can I run one dry and one wet? If so, what is the best sequence to hook it all up?

Thanks again David.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 5:59 pm    

Mark Greenway wrote:
Sweet. Thanks David. One more question. Can I run one dry and one wet? If so, what is the best sequence to hook it all up?

Thanks again David.

No. When running the preamp out into the PX300, you get exactly what will hear out of your amp. The PX300 is only a power amp.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 6:06 pm    

You might be able to run the 112 or Webb dry and place an effect between the preamp out and the PX300. I'm not smart enough to know if it will work. I run my reverb/delay through my effects loop on the back of my NV400. That is preamp out and power amp in. So it could very well work.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 6:34 pm    

I'll try coming out of the back into my effects and into the PX-300 and see if it works. I'm curious if the volumes will be different since one is a 12 in. and one is a 15 in. plus one has more wattage. If it works out, I think I will like it.

I used to use two Nash 400's back in the day, run the same way. One wet and one dry. Came out of the back of one into the effects and into the other one. That was the best sound I have ever had. I just may have to go back to that if this doesn't work. Or, I may try getting a Nash 1000 to put with the PX-300, since that's what it was designed for anyway.

Richard, thank you.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 4:58 am    

Mark...You may also use the 'Line Out' feature on the 112, you will need a cord with female XLR to 1/4" jacks however. I slave a GK powered bass cab from my 112 using this system and am well pleased with the results.

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 5:34 am    

Great. Thanks a lot David.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 9:11 am    

Mark Greenway wrote:
I'll try coming out of the back into my effects and into the PX-300 and see if it works. I'm curious if the volumes will be different since one is a 12 in. and one is a 15 in. plus one has more wattage. If it works out, I think I will like it.

I used to use two Nash 400's back in the day, run the same way. One wet and one dry. Came out of the back of one into the effects and into the other one. That was the best sound I have ever had. I just may have to go back to that if this doesn't work. Or, I may try getting a Nash 1000 to put with the PX-300, since that's what it was designed for anyway.

Richard, thank you.

The volumes will be different, but you have a volume control on the PX300 and your amp that you can use to balance the volume.