The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Black "Steel Guitar Paradise"-great cd !
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 2:42 pm    

This cd was recorded in 2010, so an old topic for many of you, but I just recently purchased it at HSGA in Fort Collins. I play this cd over and over again...I absoluteley love his touch and tone, and the selection of songs is great as well. I always go watch Bobby play in the non-pedal rooms at the various shows (SWSGA & Dallas) and am mesmerized by his playing...usually Carco Clave is playing guitar with him...what a combination ! If you dont have this cd, I think you would really enjoy it.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2017 7:33 pm    

I couldnt agree with you more, Larry ! Smile
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Slim Heilpern

Aptos California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 5:42 am    

I _do_ agree with you Larry, Bobby's lap steel playing on that album is superb (full disclosure, Bobby's an old friend and I played guitar and chromatic harmonica on a few of the cuts on the CD, so I am biased).

And I was fortunate enough to catch his set with Carco at last year's SWSGA show -- that was fantastic! As was his pedal set later that evening. He also did a solo tune on E9 (forget which one) where he brilliantly used only pedals and no bar, so the guy can play beautifully without pedals or without a bar. Shocked

- Slim.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 6:40 am    

Anything Bobby plays is superb. There is no other option.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 6:41 am    

Slim, thanks for that insider information...the harmonica playing was superb on that album as well ! The whole cd was just very well done.

Dave Alfstad

Indianola, IA USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 2:32 am    

Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of this cd? It's not available on any of the websites that feature the cd. I would really like to have it, but can't find it anywhere.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 8:33 am    

Dave Alfstad wrote:
Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of this cd? It's not available on any of the websites that feature the cd. I would really like to have it, but can't find it anywhere.

I am pretty sure I bought my cd from Roberto Alaniz...if you do a google on his name, a Niles steelworks web page shows up but when you click on it, it says the domain name is for sale, but it does show a phone number, working or not I have no idea.

Hope this helps, but in the meantime, I will keep searching for a source for this great cd.

Thanks