The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Teaching Pedal Steel *UPDATED January 4th*
Franklin

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 1:43 am    

I am pleased to read all of the responses here. I'll do my best to answer a few of your questions....And we are less than two weeks away from enrollment!

Larry,
There is no need for any additional software to access this method.

Johan,
In short, yes to your questions...There is studio advice sprinkled throughout....I also have an area especially aimed at players who are interested in advancing modern steel guitar....Those that are in the studio or on the bandstand faced with creating parts on songs that have no history with the instrument should love that room....Also how to back up traditional country singers is being filmed in a few days along with the C6th...The campus should have plenty to keep everyone busy and new videos will be added on a regular basis....Hence the two years preparation for this initial release.

Dave,
I agree, great thoughts...Teaching is needed and teaching helps to advance the instruments growth...

Paul

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 7:32 am    

Is there going to be a limit as to how many people can enroll?

Jack Turlington

Toccoa, GA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 7:58 pm     Wooo Hooooo!

Thanks for doing this Paul. I've been playing for going on 40 years and could sure use something to inspire me to keep playing and learning.....now that the demand for steel guitar has slowed so much. I'm really looking forward to learning more about C6. Count me in!
Emmons LeGrande lll 9x9, Sho-Bud Professional D10 8x5, Sho Bud S10 Professional, Excel D10 8x5, Fender Stringmaster S8, Early '50's Fender D8, GTR Banjo, Melobar Flying V, Cat Can, Hound Dog OMI Dobro, Thinline Tele, Nashville 400, PX300, Profex ll, and a boatload of harmonicas.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2017 7:37 am    

HUGE!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Franklin

Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 8:45 am    

The Paul Franklin Method Team here, posting on Paul's behalf:

Here's a quick update! The site is almost ready for launch, we're making sure we have every feature working across all platforms and testing all of the site's features.

This weekend we are shooting lots of C6th content and covering even more E9th topics.

In the meantime, we'd like to share this excerpt from the "Intros" lessons, featuring the intro Paul played on Alan Jackson's version of "Farewell Party"... exclusively with forum members!

5511 Ballad

Thanks for your patience!

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 11:33 pm     Paul Franklin

Very Happy Paul, thank you for sharing your sweet playing, cant wait to sign up for lessons.
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 11:23 am    

Hi guys -

John from Modern Music Masters, here.

Paul stopped by to give out more info on this post: Post on For Sale: Lessons Thread

He asked that we post links to all of the sample content we have shared with those of you who have subscribed for e-mail updates, so here you go. Enjoy!

Two Clips on Foundations, Licks, Improv

Modern Steel clip

The C6 Neck clip

David Cubbedge

Toledo,Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 9:40 am    

I am so anxious to get started with this! A little apprehensive too, hope I can make it work for me.... I'm self-taught and have probably learned a lot of bad habits that will get blown apart...but I'm more than ready to give it a try! Not everyday we get a chance to learn from a guy who is at the top of the game!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2017 5:54 am    

So....how many took the test drive? What do you think?
I like it and may very well subscribe to the course.
Interested in what other folks think. Merry Holidays Wink

Pete Woronowski

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2017 6:49 am    

This is fantastic news!
Thank you Paul.

Franklin

Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 3:08 pm    

So this is the fourth day of enrollment into the PFM...And the responses to what players discover inside are amazing! I remember the smile and the gleam in Wanda Bruening's eyes (my Hawaiian teacher) as she came up to congratulate me in St. Louis....She played such a huge part in the musician I became..Wanda taught exactly what I needed to learn in such a precise way - now I feel as proud as she was.....I wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone for enrolling and especially for sending me your heartfelt comments!
I wish everyone a great 2018!

Paul

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 3:30 pm    

Paul, this kicks off a wonderful new era in the world of steel guitar education. Thanks for tackling such a massive project to share your deep wealth of knowledge. I don't know how you manage to juggle sessions, The Time Jumpers, plus this 1000-pound gorilla!!

Question: can you estimate how many new videos might be added in each successive year? I think subscription renewals will be based partly on how much new material becomes available, and partly on how well a subscriber feels they've gotten a handle on existing material in one's first year.

Suggestion: I'd like to see multi-camera shots of you playing your steel, for instance in the right hand video, a shot from the right side of your hand to show your palm and fingers at work would be very helpful. Same thing on the great C6 overview video.

All best,
John McClung
Pedal Steel Lessons, Casuals, Sessions
Olympia, WA 98512
Email: steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Website – http://steelguitarlessons.com
Skype name: professortwang
Cell & text: 310-480-0717

Franklin

Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 8:08 pm    

Hi John,

Thanks for your well wishes and signing up for the test drive. Its really great teaching the PFM with this technology - it's a labor of love for me ...For two years now I have been filming, writing tabs and music theory for pdf's - along with gathering some really interesting insider content to sprinkle in during the year. There will be a steady stream of videos released during this year and every year after....My goal is to keep learning fun for players, keep filling the library, keep trying to surprise all that enter the course with interesting topics or concepts for content while building their musicianship.

The first new video will be added in a few days which starts a chain of releases throughout 2018 and every year after. I am so excited to share my musical journey, work experiences, and everything I know about playing pedal steel with anyone who opens this door.

All The Best!
Paul

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 5:22 am    

I am excited about this course!!! Thanks Paul!

Craig

Tom Lulias

Wyoming, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 10:01 am     Franklin

Great course paul! Thank you.

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 1:35 pm    

Thanks Paul. This is just what the Doctor ordered!

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 4:20 pm     Very Anxious!!!

Paul, I am very anxious to see what you have came up with!!!! I have been playing for about 35 years now and probably have a load of bad habits to boot!!! I tried tab over the years but with very poor vision it really did not work for me. I learned all by ear. Video sounds like a great way to go!! I have been retired now for a while and doing a lot more with C6 now as far as learning the back neck.