The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone know much about the Evans 15"? (Manufacturer etc).
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 10:08 am    

Just curious. I did like the sound of them with my Evans pre many years ago. Now I've got my Session 500 back and it's pretty blown from a punker bass player. So I'm bringing that power & pre to Peavey for a refurb and am considering putting them in a separate case and trying that out with one of my Evans 15" 4 ohm speakers. I don't know if Evans actually even makes speakers and am wondering what these might be.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 11:54 am    

I had an Evans SE-200 amp, in early 2000. It had an Eminence 15" Neodymium Bass speaker in it.

One to consider is the current Eminence EPS-15C which was designed as a light weight replacement for the Peavey BW 1501-4 speaker.

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 5:23 pm    

Eminence made the Evans Eclipse speaker and I've always been a big fan of them. They have a upper bass/mids tone that I really like and I regret parting with the two I had. The closest I've found currently in production is the Eminence Delta pro bass speaker which I use for both bass and steel. Notice the same cone design.
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--EMNDELTAPRO15

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 7:18 pm    

Thanks Jack I've been reading about that 15C. I'm getting too much good stuff laying around though & should use some of it. This might not be my 1st choice amp I don't know but I think it'll be fun to play with.

David, I think my Evans 15s are the Eclipse! (can't put my hands on them right now). As I recall they are 4ohm.
Thanks for the info.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2017 6:34 am    

The Evans Eclipse speaker that came in my 1985 FET-500LV is a great-sounding speaker.

It weighs about 125 pounds, though! Razz

Over the years it gained weight.

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 17 Sep 2017 7:06 am    

Yeah Lee the weight will sure be a consideration. Those speakers are in separate cabs I built quite a while back with 3/4 birch (or maple?) ply. They didn't seem so bad then but now are like lifting a small car.