The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BMI S10 Keyless LKV
Damien Odell

Springwood, New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2017 2:36 pm    

Does anyone have a BMI S10 Keyless with a LKV fitted? I'm in the process of adding one to mine, however I have a couple of things not quite working out. Any chance you could post some pics showing the underside of your guitar and in particular the LVK?

Many thanks,
Damien

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2017 3:07 pm    

What specifically is not working? Here is a pic of an S12 keyless with the dual push-pull changers. The vertical lever crossbar is in the space just beyond P5. The lever itself is 9" long.

I moved all three left knee lever brackets on this guitar to get them into a more compact configuration against the back apron, the only trade off is that I have to back out the longer screw on the vertical to drop it down and allow LKL to fold down, but it's a very minor 10 second inconvenience at setup time.

Damien Odell

Springwood, New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2017 1:42 am    

Ian, thanks very much for taking the time to do that. Looking at yours, I'm not sure that I have the LKV in the correct position. I do have some new rods on the way from Don at BMI, so I'll know the correct position when they arrive.

The other problem is that the 2 x holes in the crossbar for the actual lever are right towards the back of the guitar, meaning the lever protrudes past the bsck of the guitar - clearly not right. I think it has been drilled in the wrong spot,I can easily re drill the 2 x holes.

I have had to cut some of the rods to get the stops and changes right - these keyless guitars are a little fiddly but they play fast and smooth.