The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need some EXPERT help
Jarod Morgan

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2017 4:51 pm    

I talked to the local owner of a music store where I live and he referred me to this site. My father recently passed away Sad and he left me his most recent Steel purchase. I think he only had it a couple of years, he rarely played it. I need to know the value so I can sell it to the proper home. I am not sure what you guys need to give me a good estimate It is an Emmons Lashley LaGrande II Dual neck with Dual pedals. The case and steel are in perfect condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Napolitano

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2017 5:55 pm    

Try to put up pictures Jarod, including the underside . There are plenty of knowledgeable folks on the forum that will help you, but they'll want to see pictures, and a serial # may be helpful.

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2017 5:57 pm    

Post several photos (especially undercarriage) and look for serial number probably stamped somewhere on the underside. Emmons experts can give you a more precise location.

Just a note--be patient with the Upload picture feature here. It can take a few seconds.

Jarod Morgan

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2017 7:52 pm     Pictures

Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2017 4:58 am    

Sorry for your loss, Jerod...
On the bright side, you've got in your possession, a Fantastic instrument, you've already joined the forum and figured out how to post pics!?! Why not just keep it, and learn to play? Just my 2 cents...

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2017 8:04 am    

There are guys on here that can tell you the year from that serial number, I cannot unfortunately. Looks like you have a D-10 LeGrande, 8 floor pedals, and 4 or 5 knee levers (those black fold up things), I can't quite make them all out in the picture.

In a case like this, I would do an ebay search of the guitar, and click the "advanced" search setting, then select "completed auctions." That will give you an idea of what similar model guitars have sold for recently.

That said, it looks like prices are down on steels at the moment, especially double necks. If you don't need to sell asap, I would be tempted to hold onto it until prices swing back in the other direction.

You have there, a beautiful, very desirable guitar, and any steeler worth his salt would love to own it!

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2017 8:12 am    

Jarod, so very sorry for the loss of your Dad.

The D10 Legrande II that you have is a vary viable Instrument, top tier and very popular. I can't tell from the photo's if it has 4 or 5 Knee levers but none the less. It looks to be in excellent condition and I feel you are in the $3000 as a very low to $3500 (+/-) range based on the day, the pending offer and how quickly you want to move it.

I have the exact same Steel and thats where I would place mine, but leaning on the higher side.

Emmons Steels are considered premium, your Dad owned a beauty, he knew what he had.

best to you

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website