The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  gone
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2017 2:13 pm    

ttt...

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2017 7:21 pm    

Ah, yikes--you're making me crazy!

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2017 8:23 pm    

John Russell wrote:
Ah, yikes--you're making me crazy!

that's a lot of guitar for 19 hundred bucks 👍

Pat Richardson

Paxton, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2017 12:03 am     Topic: ♦️beautiful Sierra U12 with E lock 7+4 $1950 ♦

I do not want to upset no one here but just share my opinion as a newer person to the steel guitar world. I myself have both bought and sold a couple of steel guitars here on the forum with in the last 10 years or so I have been a member of . and would like to share my own 2 cents. I would want to know every thing possible I could before I bought ANYTHING sight unseen , be it steel guitar , used car , EXCT. Most time we pay more than 2 grand for these instruments. This may not seem like a lot of money for some people , but its a chunk of change for me . And if some one is selling something of this value , I do not see the harm in taking time to answer a few extra questions and being as open honest and informative as they possibly can, if for no other reason to avoid hard feelings after a buyer gets something they did not really want or is not right for them. Sorry if this upset any one .

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 2:51 pm    

ttt...

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 1:49 pm    

This is a great deal on a wonderful instrument. I wish I'd seen it 7 years ago, I love the red and black, just my preference. Trouble is, I have a wonderful black and gold Sierra, almost identical but mine is set up just the way I like and buying this one, though tempting, would have me fiddling with it for a couple of weeks to make it so I could play it. If you're a newbie, this would be perfect, these play and sound amazing. It would be like buying a pre-war Martin D-28 as a first guitar, you wouldn't be able to tear yourself away from it, if you have any musical talent. Only difference, with the Martin analogy, instead of paying 50K, you'd only pay less than 2K. If you're an experienced player, you would be surprised to learn that these guitars are every bit as wonderful as your push-pull whatever, or that A, B or Z guitar that would cost twice as much (or more). If you're thinking of going Universal, here's your chance at a very reasonable cost. Parts are available and the Sierra brand is back in business. It could change your life, dude.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 2:31 pm    

thank you John, well said....

Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 5:15 pm     The Rock-Solid Sierras

Working my way up in experience, my third steel is a Sierra 14 string and could well be my last. It is rock-solid, holds tune nearly forever and looks fabulous. Many have mentioned that Sierra is back in business and while that's true, the NEW ones? Ten grand. Will they be FIVE times better than this one? I can't imagine they'd be even twice as good, but I'll withhold judgment on that score.

You really can't go wrong with these fine steels. Paying a couple hundred more than you would for a "student" steel is a fantastic investment, and one far more likely to hold its value. Good luck on the sale Damir, and thanks for bringing all these great instruments to The Forum.

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 6:16 pm    

I think most pros know Sierras are that good. For various reasons, style, appearance among them players stick with the recognizable guitars. I just finished the Patsy Cline show--5 weeks of 4 shows per week. The Sierra performed flawlessly. I did do a couple of shows on the Zum while the Sierra was in for a string change. I never worried the Sierra would disappoint.

Most newer guitars are very well built and play and sound great. This 40-year-old guitar has features that are now standard and the build quality is more than required to do the job, much more.

I'll wait to see how the new Sierra is received among players. It's very well designed and built. Ross sold me my S12U some years ago. He had overhauled it and made some parts. He was very helpful and great to talk to. He knows the history of this brand. I wish him all the best.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 6:46 pm    

If I was just starting now with steel guitars, my guitar of choice would be a Sierra U12 or U14 , guaranteed... no doubt in my mind...

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 10:22 am    

Agreed! I love my Zum but the Sierra is so good it plays itself. Don't tell Bruce!