INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Eminence PF-350 question
Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post Posted 28 Aug 2017 10:00 am     Reply with quote

For those of you who have tried the Paul Franklin 350 speaker, can you share your experience with break-in time? How did it sound out of the box? And how does is sound after x hours of play time (or however long you've had it)?
Keith Currie

Shellbrook, Saskatchewan, Canada
Post Posted 29 Aug 2017 4:28 pm     Reply with quote

Interesting question, I am just looking at one now.
Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post Posted 30 Aug 2017 2:10 am     Reply with quote

I'm trying one right now. I made an adapter and put one in a Nashville 400 for a couple of weeks and then changed it to a speaker cab last week to try with one of my racks. I thought the speaker sounded very good right out of the box but probably at around 40 hours, the speaker loosened up and sounds even better.
There is a demo video floating around with Paul playing and talking about the speaker, describes what I hear as well. I really like the speaker but if weight is a concern, the PF-350 is in the 23lbs neighborhood.
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post Posted 30 Aug 2017 4:03 am     Reply with quote

I have an Eminence EPS-15C currently in shipment to me. Weighs 8 lbs. I play through a Carvin stereo power amp with two identical speaker cabinets. Currently using two 1501's. So, I can easily A/B the Eminence. If it works as I hope it will, I can order a second one and lighten my load.

Madera, California, USA
Post Posted 1 Sep 2017 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

Mine just arrived today, so far I've played it through a Carvin BX500 and a vintage Mesa Boogie 60 watt Son of Boogie (SOB) all tube amp and it sounded great! As already mentioned it is a little heavy, but I personally like the sound of these ferite magnet speakers rather than the neos. The bass is very tight and clean without being boomey and the highs are not brittle at all. Also I did very little tone adjustment, the speaker sounded great right out of the box. I'll post back in a couple of weeks after I break it in.

Marty