The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Earthquaker Dispatch Master Delay/Reverb users?
Bart Maloney

Houston, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2017 5:58 pm    

Anyone here use the Dispatch Master for pedal steel? I just picked one up and am really liking how it has a reverb and Delay together. Just curious if anyone else is using one.

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2017 8:26 pm    

It's what I've used most of the time for the past couple of years. It's a big reverb and delay effect, and so lush.

B

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2017 1:34 pm    

It is my main gigging reverb/delay pedal. Works great. A small package.

Drew Pierce

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 5:20 am    

It's a great pedal. Especially if your amp's onboard reverb doesn't quite deliver the sound you're after. I used a Boss RV-3 for years with my Evans FET 500 LV and its spring reverb paired well with the RV-3's digital programs to make a great overall sound. The Dispatch Master was a noticeable improvement over the RV-3, providing a bigger, lusher sound.

However, when I replaced the FET 500 with my current Evans, an RE500, I found that the RE500's digital reverb didn't blend nearly as well with the DM's digital reverb. There was a certain amount of dissonance between the two reverbs that I couldn't adjust out now matter how I tried. I got a much cleaner, more open sound using just the RE500's reverb (which is infinitely adjustable) and the DM providing delay only.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 7:24 am    

I've been using the TC Electronic m350 in my rack gear, which give me complete programmable control with personal preset capabilities. The M350 is in my rack case with a Revelation and Carvin HT400. My other setup is two stomp boxes, MXR analog Carbon Copy delay in front of a Digital TC Electronic Hall Of Fame reverb. I'm sold on both. However, I never tried the Dispatch Master.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 11:40 am    

This one looks pretty good too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP9iFREOfU

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 11:47 am    

I recently bought the Dispatch Master. I was looking for reverb & delay in one pedal. "Big and lush" is an understatement; unless you want Grand Canyon style reverb all the time. I sent it back. I prefer more of the classic Fender reverb sound, and just could not dial it in with that one.

Drew Pierce

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 3:36 pm    

David Gertschen wrote:
I recently bought the Dispatch Master. I was looking for reverb & delay in one pedal. "Big and lush" is an understatement; unless you want Grand Canyon style reverb all the time. I sent it back. I prefer more of the classic Fender reverb sound, and just could not dial it in with that one.

I don't understand the observation that the DM produces "Grand Canyon style reverb all the time". It has a mix adjustment that can be dialed to no reverb at all.

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 4:20 pm    

Well Drew, maybe my pedal was defective. It went from "no reverb at all" to "bottom of the well" with no noticeable difference in between. All I know is, it sure wasn't what I was looking for...

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 4:26 pm    

I'd say it was defective if you had no control over it (full off to full on with the slightest touch of any of the knobs).
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Drew Pierce

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 4:27 pm    

I didn't end up using the DM either. But not because it wasn't a decent pedal. I just found I didn't need any reverb beyond what was already available in my amp.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2017 4:59 pm    

What I like most about the TC Electronic M350 is the ability to control the tail of the reverb and control of the pre-delay (front of the reverb)which lets the split second initial attack of the note come through before the reverb picks it up. I can get more reverb without sounding like I'm in a well. It also has a color control (light to dark) to cut the sharpness. Studio quality.
The delay has several types of delay choices. My Preference of preset choices are Soft Delay or Studio Delay, then detail each to a preset. Some for slow songs, others for faster songs. A couple for studio tracks, allowing the engineer to add a little more.
Total control after you figure out what each control does.