The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New CD, Curt Shoemaker's"The Gentle Path"
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2017 10:36 am    

Once again it is time to announce the release of another Great CD by the “Shoe”. Curt has selected 10 songs that offer popularity in the recognition of the titles and a variety of styles and calls it “The Gentle Path“.
If you are familiar with Curt’s playing style, you have been patiently waiting for his next CD. If you are not, you should become familiar with this CD.
Curt always has his smooth playing style and soothing tone .
He surrounds himself with like minded musicians for his sessions and always produces a fine product for your entertainment and listening pleasure.
On this session, he starts you off with, as my beloved Friend Herby Wallace would say, a Little Toe-tapper, Frenesi. He goes from there to a McCartney/ Lennon composition; Don’t Let Me Down, he continues thru until you reach a Ray Pennington number; It Only Happens Every Now and Then. Along the way you find Sleepwalk which begins as the original and then you get to appreciate Curt’s interpretation of it. Curt usually includes an original and does not disappoint this time either, he gives you “Somewhere South of Kansas, his home state. He also has, April’s Fool, Rainy Night in Georgia, Crazy, We’ll Sing in the Sunshine, an Here Comes My Baby Back Again(The great song made famous by Ray Price, Dottie West and so many other artist).
I have always enjoyed the styling’s of Curt Shoemaker and I’m sure that you will also. Give it a try @ www.curtshoemaker.com
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2017 4:34 am    

Order on the way! Curt has done some great work in the past and I can imagine his latest effort builds up his reputation even more!

Tom Brumley

Nixa, Mo, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 9:09 am     Curt's new CD The Gentle Path

Just got home from the Branson Steel Guitar Show with Curt's new CD, The Gentle Path, and was blown away. It's hard for me to put a cd on and listen to the whole cd,(except for Tom's, just too sad )and I've been playing this one over and over all day long. It's so relaxing and easy going with great tone!!! Tom would be proud! Smile It's not the usual steel songs either. Just absolutely love this cd Curt !!! It's a must buy, guys !!! Wish I knew how to put a sample song on but I don't !!! Super musicians and your playing is superb !!! LOVE IT , CURT!!!!!!
Also got through listening to his other cd called Grand Style and it's superb too.!!! Really enjoyed my day!!!

David Weisenthal

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2017 3:40 pm    

Dan, Ray, and Rolene, I will check out Curts website. Sounds intetesting. Rolene, I just put "Dust on mother's Bible" in the truck again this morning. Every 6 months I need to hear that album.

Tom Brumley

Nixa, Mo, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 7:14 am    

I love that album too, David. Smile

Norman Watson

Broken Arrow,Ok.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2017 5:03 am     Curt;s Work

I just want to do my part in pushing this great work. If smooth tasteful steel playing is what you prefer, you must add this CD to your collection. Curt was a friend and prodigy of Tom Brumley and carries on the tradition in a grand manner.

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2017 6:39 am     Curt's New CD

Just to support what's already been said about this artist.
Curt Shoemaker's new CD, The Gentle Path, another of his polished and professional CD's is a demonstration of his talent on the pedal steel guitar. He has a velvet touch and his arrangements are unique. His accompaniment is first class. There is something for everyone in the arrangement of 10 beautiful songs. This album gives new meaning to "easy listening".
Get your copy today at "Shoe Box Music".

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2017 9:56 am    

Some really great comments have been added to my paltry attempt at describing the great quality of this CD.. Thank you for your additions..
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2017 8:23 pm    

Thanks to Ray Harrison's posting on Aug. 10th, above, I purchased a copy of Curt's CD, "The Gentle Path." I'm glad I did; it is a most enjoyable listening experience. I fully concur with the postings of those folks, above. Two tunes that I really liked were ones originally from the early '60's, "Crazy" and "Here Comes My Baby Back Again." I could almost hear Patsy Cline (with Walter Haynes on steel) and Dottie West (with Bill West on steel) once again. Thanks Ray, and especially thanks, Curt!

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2018 12:02 am     The shoe

Ray call me . I am new member of SWSGA since Jan2018. I'm old Ariz. steeler in age only, lol. I have an autographed ball hat of the "Shoe's", call or message me. Arizonian since I was 2, 1948 moved to Tucson, the Phx in 52, the USMC til 68, back to Phx, then to Flagstaff 70-74, then back to Phxx, and on til Chino Valley 90=2005, to rving .
Your Crazy Arizona Art - CAA Very Happy
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.