The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  copedents
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2017 10:35 pm    

Jim Morris wrote:
But I practice at least 3-4 hours a day, so this is why I feel different than Fred. .

And how is it that you know my practice habits....?

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 1:00 am    

Fred your post daid, "unless you have more.time for.fiddling....." I read that as playing and figuring out the mechanics of the changes. It wasny meant to be a fis or knock in anyway, so I don't understand the krass teaoonae, but I apologize if this caused you to feel negatively.

I suppose when.you.daif "mechanics" you were talking about the actual parts.....so ince again, I was just going by your post.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 8:40 am    

Jim, no biggie. Simple misunderstanding. But just to clarify, by "fiddling with the mechanics", I meant the actual moving parts.

My wife says my nightly practice routine is two "Midsomer Mysteriies" long. It is a BBC show on Netflix that runs about an hour and twenty minutes.

It is possible that different players focus on different aspects of playing during their practice routines. I sometimes spend a half hour tuning. The instrument as a machine is not something I have a lot of time for, but for now does more than everything I need it to do anyway.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 9:05 am    

Haha thats a funny way your wife has to put it. I wish I were able to fool with the mechanical parts underneath....but im having enough trouble up top. Haha.

Anyway, sorry again for the.confusion... Only bad.thing about talking through text, is no voice.inflection, so it's easy to take things wrong, and.to be.taken.wrong. But I never try to be.condescending. Im just trying to pick up knowledge anyway I can!