The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bars by Clinesmith
Nathan Laudenbach

Montana
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 6:13 pm    

I was one of the fortunate few to receive a bar made by Todd Clinesmith before they were made available to the public on his Facebook page. I have to say, it is incredible! I posted on the forum once before that the heaviest, densest steel bar produced the best tone. I have totally flip flopped after trying Todd's Polymer bar. It produces rich warm tone and an almost frictionless feel across the strings. Buy one and you will buy another.

Guy Cundell

More idle ramblings from South Australia
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 8:29 pm    

I am privileged to have received one last week. Wonderful!

Just in time because my Tribotone has developed a little gutter close to the nose after many years of work. It's sad that Eric couldn't continue but Todd's bar is a great replacement.

Todd Clinesmith

Lone Rock Free State Oregon
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2017 9:18 am    

Thanks Nathan and Guy.

Glad you are enjoying them.
Nathan the bar we sent you was a 7/8 X 3 and 5 oz. We are now making them in that size at with the optional weight of about 7 ounces.

Guy, I hope Tribo Tone comes back and Eric makes his bars again. He's a great guy who made an excellent bar.

We started making these for a few reasons. I love the feel and play ability of the weighted polymer bars. Also it was an opportunity to have my wife work with me in the shop. 80% of the work is her doing. I honed in making these bars thru the winter, and taught her the proper steps this past spring.

I have recently updated my web site . But the new clinesmithinstruments.com will not be online for a week or so. The bars will be on the new site.

Here is a thread I started in the New Product announcement page.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=319171

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clinesmith-Instruments/1457245817911268?ref=bookmarks