The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ******Jeffran Music on Facebook******
Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 6:56 am    

Hello Everyone!
We have been doing a lot of work around Jeffran Music lately in order to get our new website, JeffranMusic.com launched (Launch date:8/21/17)and our Facebook site-@JeffranMusicOfficial (Now available!!) If you have Facebook, please feel free to visit us, like us, share the great news! We have opened a Facebook shop, making it even easier to order your Jeffran Material! We will have many exciting features available to our facebook friends each week!

Jeffran Music on Facebook ::: @JeffranMusicOfficial

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 6:58 am    

Way to bring it into the 21st Century Melissa
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 7:02 am    

https://www.facebook.com/JeffranMusicOfficial/

Good job Melissa. People here may complain and feel the need to tell you that they don't like facebook. You can just smile and say 'ok'. And when you launch the website, well then there's that. Good luck.

Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 7:10 am     21st century

Thank you for the welcoming! Laughing
Its been a long time coming, I'm still a bit slow at all thing "tech" but Im trying yall! I just want to make Jeff's material as accessible as possible. We need to build up the Pedal Steel Guitar Community back to what is once was! Though we will never have the greats back, we sure can try and honor them in that way!

God Bless All!!
Thank Yall Again for all the support!!

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 1:56 pm    

Congratulations, I know a lot of folks are happy to see you up and running.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 2:38 pm    

Excellent! Jeff was my friend and mentor, and frankly one of the very few people that I can say "changed my life." Seriously. I could write a lot but I won't. And Fran was the perfect complement to Jeff; Jeffran Music says it all about them.

I once told Jeff... the last time I saw him, in fact Sad... that he was as important to steel guitar as Buddy was. Jeff of course wanted to argue me out of it, Wink but my point to him was that while Buddy showed us what to play, Jeff showed us HOW to play it. Some can scramble for a bigger piece of a small pie, but some make the pie bigger. Jeff CREATED thousands of steel players, because the guys that he taught went on to teach other players. And everybody bought guitars, and courses, and strings, and picks and started going to steel shows, and a whole steel guitar industry was created. Jeff made a MAJOR contribution to that, as did Scotty and Tom Bradshaw.

I am so glad to see Jeff and Fran's legacy being continued. I think it very important to the steel guitar industry.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 4:11 pm    

Words well spoken Herb, Amen. J.R.

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 7:37 pm     Jeff and Fran Newman

Mitzi and I were good friends with Jeff and Fran and I am very proud that the great business they worked so hard to build is back up and running.We wish you the best of luck getting it going real good. love. Buck and Mitzi Grantham

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2017 1:43 am    

Herb, You are so, so right.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Peter den Hartogh

Cape Town, South Africa
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2017 12:30 am    

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 12:26 pm    

This is great. Jeff was also a mentor to me. Nobody has mentioned what a top-notch player he was. He was definitely one of "the big boys".

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 12:29 pm    

Amen to what Herb said.
Thanks, Melissa, for keeping Jeff & Fran's legacy alive, although his real legacy are the thousands of steel player Herb referenced (of which I am one).

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 4:41 pm    

I have mentioned Jeff many times here. In my opinion, he was a notice ahead of them all. He taught us all, how to play what, he and others, had already played. As Herb, had already said. Him and Fran were friends of ours, for several years.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 6:35 pm    

Just be sure that you don't make it easy for people to steal material from you Melissa, because some will sure do it. Jeff and Fran watched all that very carefully as you know.
Best of luck!
"Teach Your Children Well"

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2017 1:10 am    

Doug, this is for sure. I know from talking to them, what they went through. They even put an articles in a magazine I have, about when they started, and Fran was saying what they went through. It was really funny, and if you knew her, she really made the day. We like to think, that those in the PSG, wouldn't do it, but we have them in everything. It's always good to see you Doug. I still love my StageOne.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2017 1:12 am    

Just my last thought. Face Book would be the last place I'd put it. Mellissa may have more inside on this then us.

James Flaherty

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2017 5:58 pm    

Excellent news Melissa. I am so glad that you are going to keep things running. Jeff and Fran were wonderful people and it's great to see their legacy carry on.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 22 Aug 2017 7:04 am    

Still having trouble getting to either one, probably just me.

Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2017 1:00 pm    

Melissa
i tried to go to JeffranMusic.com but the site didn't exist.
I copied the link you posted.
Lee

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 7:54 am    

I just went to the jeffranmusic.com site, and it said.

"This domain is for sale."

Mike Selecky

BrookPark, Ohio
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 8:08 am    

I believe the new site is:

www.JeffranCollege.com

Not totally finished though

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 8:29 am    

Thanks Mike.

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 8:39 am    

Jim Reynolds wrote:
Just my last thought. Face Book would be the last place I'd put it. Mellissa may have more inside on this then us.

As Mike posted above, there is in fact a new website with a new address and it is under construction.

And no - were it me, I wouldn't use Facebook as my only online presence either. But in addition to this new website in the works I would definitely have a Facebook page. There is a significant presence of pedal steel groups on FB these days.

It has become sort of fashionable for people to say, "you know - I don't do Facebook." Well okay - but a whole lot of people do "do FaceBook."

In visiting the website page, I see Melissa is also going to be on Twitter as well.

Get it out there anyway and every way you can.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 10:01 am    

Quote:
It has become sort of fashionable for people to say, "you know - I don't do Facebook."

I don't do Facebook...and nobody has ever said I'm fashionable! Nobody! Laughing

Lee, from South Texas

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 10:46 am    

Yeah Lee, but some folks like to go out of their way to proclaim "I don't do Facebook" and if it were a face-to-face conversation, I can almost see them with eyebrows raised and looking down their noses at the person they're addressing. Wait - I have seen people take this posture.

We've likely all come across folks over the years who don't have a television in their home and they like to make sure that people know it: "I don't watch TV."

And there's the one about vegans:"how do you know someone's a vegan? Oh, they'll make sure to tell you."

Big deal. So a person doesn't visit Facebook. As far as I know, there aren't any medals being handed out for this rebellious act of defiance. Wink

Again - if I were in a situation as was the case a bunch of years ago as a small business owner, in 2017 I'd have a Facebook page.

Yelp isn't something that would seem to be very helpful to a business like Jeffran, but I can tell you it works. I owned a retail/wholesale plant nursery here in California in the late '80s and '90s, and my ex business partner after we sold the place went back into the landscaping business. He tried retiring a few years ago but after awhile it didn't "take." He got back into landscaping and is very good at what he does. Quite meticulous. He's been getting great Yelp reviews in the past year or so and now the phone rings every day with folks wanting to hire him. His schedule is backed up about a year.

So the moral of the story is, a strong online presence in a variety of formats can go a long way toward success in business these days. And that includes Facebook.