The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Modernized version of tab from Emmons E9 course on vinyl?
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2020 8:11 pm    

Has anyone updated the tab from Buddy Emmon's course, "Learn to Play the Pedal Steel Guitar"? As you can see from this sample, it predates current tab conventions and is very tough to read and play.

Hoping someone has already revamped it and would be willing to share it, saving me hours of work to modernize this terrific course from the mid-1970s!

I don't believe it's in print now, anyone know otherwise?

Thanks, y'all! Ernie Renn, chime in.

Thanks.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2020 7:48 am    

Wholeheartedly agree the BE-E9 course is ripe and worthy of updating. I learned more from it than any other tutorial when I was a beginner. It's been my understanding the course is property of the Lashley's, who have no inclination of sharing it. Someone please correct me if my information is erroneous.

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2020 8:34 am    

To be honest some of the earlier tabs are even more foreign to the modern tab format. I have this course box and the lp. I sure would like to get my hands on the tab, even the old style. Anyone know if tab is available. Not sure on the copywrites but I didn't see any for sale on ebay or b0b's instruction page.
BTW, I have some older tab that is even more odd. One thing I like is the labeling of fingers. Nice to know for the faster picking stuff.

Bob Sigafoos

San Clemente, Calif. , U.S.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2020 12:42 pm     Any mp3’s

On a side note please.... anyone know if mp3’s exist for this course? I have the record and the tab. Got rid of my record player 25 years ago and went the cd route. The box is collecting dust and falling apart it’s so old. I’d like to revisit the tab and tunes as I’m Sure I’ve missed a few nuances by now.

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2020 4:16 pm    

Bob, I have a cd and or mp3 of the audio that I recorded to digital off the lp. Not sure of the problems of copywrite and I don't want to get in trouble, but I'd be happy to share the audio if possible. I'm like you and want to revisit the course. The playing is on the simple side of Emmons, but he does cut loose once in a while.
I really would like to get my hands on the tab!