The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Association - Aug 13th
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2017 2:36 pm    

Hello everyone,

Sunday, August 13th is our next San Antonio Steel Guitar Association jam. We meet at the American Legion in Converse from 2:00 till 5:00. All steel players, regardless of skill level, are encouraged to attend. The Legion has the best hamburgers in town so come hungry! There is a 4-sale table for stuff that needs 'downsizing'. Admission is free and all are welcome.

Jody Cameron, Texas Hall of Fame player, will be presenting a seminar from 11:30 to 1:30 just before our monthly jam at the American Legion in Converse, TX. Cost is $35 in advance and the price includes an instructional booklet. For more information, contact Jody at: emmonsd10@yahoo.com.

If you're a new player (or just shy), we have a special segment just for you called "This is my song". This segment is for players who might only know one song that they are comfortable playing in front of people. Bring you steel, play your one song, and then you can rejoin the audience, or stay up front if you are so inclined. Any player can always pass in the round robin when it comes to them by just raising you hand. You can play ANY song you wish. If you need a suggestion, I'll be playing "Today I started Lovin' You Again" in the key of C. But again, you can play ANY song you're comfortable with. I understand that it can be daunting to play in front of other people, but once you try it, you'll really enjoy it. Come on out and give it a try.

Our big event (and fundraiser) for the year is coming up in September. The San Antonio Steel Guitar Association Family Fest will be held at the Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma on Sunday, September 17th from noon till 7:00. Admission is FREE and all are welcome. There will be bands, food, entertainment, dancing, and surprise events. ALL monies raised go directly to The Warrior and Family Support Center here at Fort Sam Houston. Last year, thanks to folks like YOU, we were able to donate $7,000 to this worthy cause, and hope to meet, or exceed, that goal for this year. Please pass the word around and visit our Facebook page for current info on this event.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2017 3:19 pm    

Well, we're one week away from the August San Antonio Steel Guitar Association monthly jam, and it's going to be a good one.

We're extending a special invitation to all steel players, regardless of skill level, to join us on Sunday, August 13th from 2:00 till 5:00 at The American Legion, Post 593 in Converse, TX.

Hope to see everyone there.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga

John Heinrich

Whites Creek, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2017 4:42 pm    

Ben, I was just down in San Antonio earlier this year with Ronnie Milsap. Just saw this, didn't know there was a Steel club there but now I do! Awesome! Don't know if we will be back but if we do come back I would like to meet you!
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2017 7:14 pm    

John - We're blessed with a strong club here in San Antonio with lots of players at all levels. You're always welcome anytime you're in our area. Ben Price - San Antonio Steel Guitar Association

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 9:27 am     Sasga

It's that time where all you steel players come out and give a hand in supporting Jody Cameron and also playing alongside with him. This is a very special Featured Guest, and a inductee to the Texas steel guitar Hall of Fame, and we are so Blessed to have him. So everyone come out to hear some great music.

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 7:45 pm    

What a wild ride today at the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association jam. Our special thanks to Jody Cameron for being our featured performer. We also want to thank Randy Boyd, Larry Schoppe, Keith Junot, Dean Shilling, Virgil Hoyes, Jim Cleckler and Harrison Yount. Cousin Jerry King also sang a few tunes, just to keep us honest.

Ben Price and Kenny Piper, organizers