The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1980s Jeff Newman Courses - vintage tech SOLD
Michael Lester

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 1:43 pm    

Preface: I've just learned that the Jeffran Courses are once again available through the family. Interested players may want to check there because the technology is much more up-to-date.

FWIW - these are originals that I got from Jeff - they are not photocopies or duplicated as noted in another thread.

THESE COURSES ARE FROM THE 1980S AND USE CASSETTE TAPES OR VHS VIDEOS. I have 'tested'(not played them from beginning to end) each of the cassettes and the video and they seem to play properly. The tabs are in excellent shape

I had two memorable influences when I first decided to learn to play pedal steel - Bobbe Seymour who was extraordinary with his help and Jeff Newman - who I never met but talked to on the telephone.

Digging through old storage bins, I came across these Jeff Newman lessons covering several of the top tunes of the '80s. With these lessons I was able to bring these tunes to the bandstand in a surprisingly short period of time (I played dobro before) and went on to play pedal steel for a couple of decades. (Now playing non-pedal western swing)

The tabs are excellent and the audio is spot on. Comes with a breakdown of the intros, outros and fills and rhythm tracks. I do not have the tapes for "AM I BLUE" or TIE A YELLOW RIBBON"

It would please me to know that someone got as much direction from these as I did. I don't know how much to ask for them? Make me an offer if you're interested.