The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey 112 Express Sheffield
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 4:00 pm    

I just bought this amp for smaller gigs. I googled the manual and it doesn't help. I understand pre gain and post gain, but I don't get the reason for 2 separate sets of tone controls. Can someone using this thing for steel give me a heads up how you set it.
Thanx in advance.

Ollin Landers

Willow Springs, NC
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 6:36 am    

Ron -

I owned a similar model. The amp has a clean and lead channel. There are separate tone controls for each channel. You have to use the channel button selector or foot switch.

I never used it for steel so I can't give any suggestions on settings. This amp was meant to be a small guitar amp with a lot of versatility and channel switching.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 7:26 am     Peavey Transtube Express equalization

The Peavey Transtube Express 112 amplifier is a two channel amplifier, ie; a clean channel and a lead channel. This model was designed for six string electric, but it can be used for other instruments, such as steel guitar. It features selectable channels, ie; lead and clean. The LEAD channel features THRASH and GAIN buttons that can be used to boost the high mid range frequencies for lead guitar breaks. The LEAD channel would not be preferred by steelers I suppose though, but the clean channel probably would appeal to the steeler.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA