The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Autry Rutledge Amp
William Carter

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2020 5:29 pm    

Does anybody know what kind of amp Autry Rutledge used with his Zum U12?

Mike Auman

North Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2020 9:11 pm    

A couple of forum members report buying Music Man 115-HD 150 amps from Autry Rutledge, one with a K-130 JBL speaker, so that may be a place to start. See the posts by Randy Beavers (pg 1) and Michael Brewer (pg 2) in this thread, or maybe contact them directly ... https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=61672

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2020 7:50 pm    

Where is Autry at now? I used to see him a lot when he worked at The Guitar House in Tulsa, then saw him a couple of times after he opened his own store. I moved to Texas in 1980 and haven't heard of him since.

I went into the Guitar House one day and he was playing a Guitorgan (remember those?) and his playing blew me away. He was working up a Christmas show to play at a hotel in Tulsa, and was playing 'Winter Wonderland' and I have never forgotten it. I never heard him play steel though.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.

Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2020 6:20 pm    

Haven't seen him in a few years.The last I heard of him he still lives in Noxubee county,MS.That man can do it all!