The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  10 string practice Board Hudson PB 10
Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2017 5:21 pm    

The New Hudson PB 10 Practice Board made of Ash hardwood. 24 inch Scale E 9th GHS string set Economy tuners.
Card fret board.
Lite clear coat finish. $159.95 Plus shipping

I offer these custom to order in other hardwoods.

Call 704-986-6481 8AM-9PM EST

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 24 Jul 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 1:05 pm     ttt

ttt

Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 6:53 am    

Wow,this is a really cool idea. It would be great for practicing on the road. Wonder what the dimensions are. Would it fit in a carryon suitcase? Maybe some kind of keyless setup? Also, maybe a pickup for practicing with headphones?

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 7:13 am     Pb10

Joseph Carlson wrote:
Wow,this is a really cool idea. It would be great for practicing on the road. Wonder what the dimensions are. Would it fit in a carryon suitcase? Maybe some kind of keyless setup? Also, maybe a pickup for practicing with headphones?

The Body is 34 inches long and 5 1/4 inches wide and 1 5/8 thick the tuners stand 3/4 inch above main body
Can add a pickup No keyless option.

Mark Nason

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 8:12 am    

These are so cool! It's basically an extremely affordable fast-track to a 10 string lap steel (once you add a pickup).

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 4:59 pm     ttt

ttt

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2017 11:36 am     pickup

Mark Nason wrote:
These are so cool! It's basically an extremely affordable fast-track to a 10 string lap steel (once you add a pickup).
I offer these with a pickup added.

Gordon Hartin

Durham, NC
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2017 12:57 pm    

Wow...I contacted Jimmie to see if he could make a 12 string version, 2 days later he sent me a photo of it. Looking forward to having it to practice on.

Gordon

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2017 4:32 pm    

Gordon Hartin wrote:
Wow...I contacted Jimmie to see if he could make a 12 string version, 2 days later he sent me a photo of it. Looking forward to having it to practice on.

Gordon

Gordon,I messaged Jimmie about one (hadn't seen this post then) built to Mullen scale and string spacing if I provided a Mullen fretboard. Sent him the scale and spacing measurements and THE NEXT day he had the body made and photos sent....I've just got the fretboard purchased and in the mail. It's going to be maroon and natural sort of candy cane just like my pre RP....can't wait to get it! Awesome guy, is Mr Jimmie Hudson!
Now if I could just find the old E66 pup I've got somewhere I'll mail it to him and be in great shape.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 2:50 pm     photo

Gordon Hartin wrote:

Gordon

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 2:52 pm     photo

Patrick Huey wrote:
Gordon Hartin wrote:

Gordon

Gordon,I messaged Jimmie about one (hadn't seen this post then) built to Mullen scale and string spacing if I provided a Mullen fretboard. Sent him the scale and spacing measurements and THE NEXT day he had the body made and photos sent....I've just got the fretboard purchased and in the mail. It's going to be maroon and natural sort of candy cane just like my pre RP....can't wait to get it! Awesome guy, is Mr Jimmie Hudson!
Now if I could just find the old E66 pup I've got somewhere I'll mail it to him and be in great shape.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 3:23 pm    

There it is, folks! Thank you, Jimmie Hudson!
Beautiful job!
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!