The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Pedal Steel App for Android - New Training Section
Michael Hill

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2017 5:46 pm    

I recently created a post for this android app but there are a few new features in the app I felt were worthy of a new post.

There's a new 'Training' option on the main menu which leads to 3 training tools. 2 of these tools are related to the pedal steel copedent. You get to select which copedent the tools will use.

Identify Note
A random string, fret and changer are selected. You must identify the note.

There are options which allow you to focus on certain strings, frets or changers. For example, a beginner looking to learn the open strings would exclude all frets except fret 0 and exclude all changers.

Identify Interval
You specify where your root is derived from. For example, for an E9 pedals up position, you would select string 8 (E) with an offset of 0. For an E9 pedals down position, you would select string 6 (G#) with an offset of 1. The offset of 1 comes from the fact that in the pedals down position the B pedal raises the 6th string a half step. The explanation here may not be clear but once you try it you'll understand.

A random string, fret and changer are selected. You must identify the interval between the root note and the selected note.

Identify Audio Interval
2 random notes are selected that are at most 1 octave apart. You must identify the interval between the 2 notes.

James Mayer

back in Portland Oregon, USA (via Arkansas and London, UK)
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2017 12:49 pm    

Will there be an IOS version?

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2017 6:03 am    

Ditto. Wish there was one for ios.

I coincidentally found this app last week and put on my android phone. Very nice except for tiny screen. I use an ipad as a tablet and wish this app was available for that. There are a few similar programs for ios but do not suit me as well.

I have installed Bluestacks on my pc to try and run the android app on my computer but I can't get Bluestacks to respond with anything!

Good Luck and Thanks
K

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 4:45 am    

Just think, before long, you won't need a pedal steel, just an app, to take to gigs. hahaha I don't understand this at all.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 12:40 pm    

Would it be possible to have a D12 template?

Michael Hill

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 5:54 pm    

Johnny Cox wrote:
Would it be possible to have a D12 template?

I will look into adding a D12.

In the meantime, you can create a guitar using the U12 template and then add another neck to the guitar and choose another U12.