The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  VHS To Disk Conversion
Robert Leaman

Murphy, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2017 10:50 am    

I have a steel guitar course on VHS tapes. It is rather difficult to use this format so I found software that "grabs" video (from a VHS player), converts it to various formats, and produces a computer file that can be burnt on an optical disk. That made the course easy to use since I can stop, go back, loop, etc. The "grab" process takes as much time as it takes to play an entire tape. I will not convert movies.

If anyone has an interest, I can convert VHS tapes. There are quite few formats, DVD, SVCD, VCD, MPG3, MPG4, AVI, WMV, and WMA are available. In addition, the TV format such as NTSC_M, NTSC_MJ, PAL_BDHIG, PAL_M, PAL_N, SECAM_BDGHK, and SECAM_L are available. I am certainly not familiar with all these formats so I cannot answer questions about them. I convert using NSTC and MPG4.

I need to know if files can be placed on Blu-R disks and whether disks will be used on MS Windows or Mac format.

I seldom look at the forum so it will be appreciated if requests are made with a private message. If I have your phone number and when to call, we can discuss what is necessary. I don't expect to make a killing but it is necessary to cover postage and disks. You pay postage to me and it will be convenient if you pack tapes in suitable format so I can use your package to return tapes and disks.