The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Amplified Head Phones
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 9:09 pm    

I m trying to find a set of head phones, that they had out years ago, that were amplified. I had a set, I bought from Radio Shack on or about 1985. Over the year one of the speakers went bad, and thinking I could just buy a new set, I threw them away. Stupid, well you can't. I have a 90% hearing loss in both ears, and it might save my marriage. (hahaha) I was able to practice my steel at night, without bothering my wife's sleep, and still hear my steel very clear. I have tried everywhere, regular headphones don't work. These were very simple. The ear piece cover the whole ear up, they had a 9V battery in the head band, with a on/off switch with the volume, and a stereo/mono switch. I don't care they work or not, I use to repair radios and TV's, in my younger days, and could fix them. I have checked the internet, and no luck. PSG with Tom Bradshaw with again no luck. Hopefully, someone may have a set they no longer need or use. I will buy them from you.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Josephus Vroomans

The Hague, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 11:39 pm    

Vox make them. They have four models. The Twin "Gives you the clean sound of a classic US-made amp" so would probably be the best choice for pedal steel.
http://www.voxamps.com/amphone

Or get a Vox Amplug and use it with any set of headphones. The "Clean" model seems most suitable.
http://www.voxamps.com/amplug2

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2017 1:29 pm    

Thank you, I will check them out. I can't remember if I check them before or not. Some can't sell phones with enough power to over come my loss. I hope they do.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2017 5:14 pm    

Jim, are looking for headphones that you can plug right into the guitar? you don't really need to do that. Just get a simple, inexpensive small mixer and use any headphones with that. You can find a new one for 40-50 or a used one even cheaper.
go to google and search for "small audio mixer" you should several that will work for you.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2017 7:16 pm    

Bill, I never thought of that. I did check the VOX, they only sell through dealers, and there now even close to me. I have a mixer that I bought at Radio Shack around the same time. It's sitting on the shelf in the closet. Thank you. I guess as you get older you need a little jolt.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2017 7:45 am    

Got a set. bOb, please close