C.....C#
A
F.....E...................F#
C.....A...................D

Any ideas would be great.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 1:50 am    

You could lower 4 to G# - at a glance that seems to be the only change you don't have already.

Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 2:28 am    

You should leave the G-F in place and move the first string raise to be a 10th string C-D. That forms a beautiful full-voiced F major 7th/D minor 9th chord that I now can't live without.

Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 2:36 am    

Sorry... That would be Pedal 8, just noticed my error. In that case I agree about the empty Pedal 9, A's to Ab's might get you some mileage. I've only ever seen that change on levers though, so I'm not sure if it would be practical on a pedal. Maybe somebody who has will chime in.

Rich Peterson

Moorhead, MN
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 7:46 am    

That's a lot of load on LKL. Are you comfortable with two-footing, or do you want to keep your foot on the volume pedal. Two-footing opens up possibilities

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 8:19 am    

Rich Peterson wrote:
That's a lot of load on LKL. Are you comfortable with two-footing, or do you want to keep your foot on the volume pedal. Two-footing opens up possibilities

That LKL is very easy to press, and the travel is one of the shortest on the whole guitar.

I absolutely hate two-footin. I had tried it until 1999. Never could get it. That's why I had Carter put it on RKR. Talk about overloading a lever. It was tough to activate. I recently moved it to the vertical. Doesn't work well there. LKR is very easy for me. Haven't actually made the change yet. B to Bb is there now. I did back off the nylon nylon nut for the third string and backed the fourth string off to only get a Bb. Works great. Plus, my back issues make moving my right foot over to hit any pedals. Actually, my foot is very difficult to even lift off the volume pedal.

I never really put the same time learning C6 as I did E9. Since I recently pretty much retired from playing live, I want to learn more on the C neck.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 8:36 am    

Ian Rae wrote:
You could lower 4 to G# - at a glance that seems to be the only change you don't have already.

How is that used? I had it put on a second LKR when my guitar was built, but they had to install it at the back apron due to all the other crap I have under there. It was almost impossible for me to hit without physically moving back in my seat. I removed the actual lever, but left the cross shaft and bell cranks in the guitar (too difficult to remove). I think there may be an opportunity to move it to the center, though I'm not sure.

If that change is used a lot by itself, I may put it on P9.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 9:14 am    

I don't actually have it on my uni, but it appears in a lot of copedents that have string 3 raise and lower on the right knee, and string 4 raise and lower on the left.

I imagine that amongst other things it is used to get an augmented triad on 7 6 & 4. (I achieve that by raising 7 & 6 a half step instead.)

Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 9:30 am    

The A-Ab change also takes any chord with a 9th-string root and immediately makes it a minor. Fm/M7 open, Fm9 with the common Pedal 6 (Richard's Pedal 7), etc.

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 5:42 pm    

I have the Jernigan pedal 4 on my pedal 8. Lower 1, raise 8,7,6 a 1/2.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 6:35 pm    

Bill Cunningham wrote:
I have the Jernigan pedal 4 on my pedal 8. Lower 1, raise 8,7,6 a 1/2.

I've seen that change. Never quite understood what it does. What does it give you?

I currently have my last pedal (9) lowering those strings, so a major deal won't have to occur to change them over. I set it up to combine with P7 to give me a G dobro tuning from strings 3-8. While it worked OK, there just aren't that many times I need a real dobro tuning. So, I rarely used it. Plus, my wife has an old cheap lapsteel that I rebuilt for her. I have it strung up in an A dobro tuning that I could always use if I had to have the dobro sound.