The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Aloha International Steel Guitar Convention
Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 9:21 pm    

Very Happy
AISGC convention will be held in Winchester IN on July 13, 14 & 15, 2017 at the Community building on the Town Square.
However there will be no CDs for sale this year,-as we have had in the past,- due to the lack of donations from the record companies. It had been a really nice fundraiser for the club.
But come anyway for the good music, raffles, meet old friends, meet new friends, luau and many other activities.
The whole town of Winchester will welcome you.

See you there.
Very Happy Smile Wally Pfeifer

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2017 9:49 pm     AISGC Convention

Very Happy Cool

Mark Prucha will be the guest artist at the AISGC convention in Winchester IN on July 13, 14 & 15 2017.
Don't miss it.You will hear some beautiful Hawaiian music on the lap steel guitar. See you there.

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 5:07 pm    

It's been well over 15 years since I last experienced the joys of WINCHESTER ! Here's a trip down MEMORY LANE for those who were there during those early years....

Do you recall DON SWEATMAN who built beautiful steel guitars and made a very special model which he presented to SOL K. BRIGHT ? .... and the "VICTOR BORGE"(comedian) of the steel guitar, the funny NORM ENGLSH with his custom-made toilet seat guitars and his huge 2x4x12 planks of wood steel guitars he made especially for the convention and played, (played very well, I might add). BUD TUTMARC playing his own home built guitar which had such a fine Hawaiian sound. There were other greats and 'characters' who contributed to the fun all of us enjoyed.

And those evening Jam Sessions in the OVERPASS garage that went on-and-on into the wee hours of the morning featuring SOL K. BRIGHT still capable of playing those fast picking 1920 era songs he made so famous on the steel, also his awesome vocal range from deep bass to high falsetto within measures....what a talent !

VICTOR and NANCY RITTENBAND, noted composers/entertainers of Hawaii ... gosh there were so many wonderful people at WINCHESTER during those years, far too many to list here.

I modestly should mention myself to whom DIRK VOGEL loaned his beautiful mint 1934 Epiphone EMPEROR guitar for me to play rhythm guitar behind many of the acts. It was love at first strum. I endeavoured to purchase that guitar from Dirk over the next 20 years....he eventually sold it to me and it is now my pride and joy !

WINCHESTER holds so many memories for me including their wonderful hospitality.....Hope this thread jogged a few memories for you also. Wish I could be there Wally, however I am now approaching 90 and struggling to walk making a long travel from Edmonton to Winchester just a dream of happy memories.