The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A visit with Susan Alcorn
john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2017 5:03 pm    

Susan Alcorn was in the neighborhood and stopped by the shop and studio for a visit. I have followed her work with interest for many years and it was a real pleasure to finally meet her and spend some time with her. Such a generous and multi faceted Artist! For me it was a real epiphany to actually hear her live. She creates sonic sculptures that should be experienced live to really comprehend the depth of her mastery and the dimensions of her sonic palette(s). And man....She plays tunes too !!! with a unique and delightful sense and touch. I loved every minute, and think we became fast friends. In addition to all that she's a great story teller, and kind soul..

Thanks Susan..I loved every minute!

JW
widcj@hotmail.com

Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2017 6:43 am    

She has indeed taken our instrument into other dimensions. Plus . . she's an English teacher! :>)

Chris

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2017 1:45 pm    

John, it was nice meeting you, and I too enjoyed our visit - talking about pedal steel guitars, amps, pedals, tubes, speakers, etc. And it was it was fun reminiscing about people we knew, gigs we'd played, and places we have travelled. I liked hearing about your time in Nashville, the theater productions you've played for (especially "Weimar"!), Commaner Cody, and Bill Kirchen; not to mention the dinner at Los Molcajetes in Norwalk with you and your wife Janet. I too feel that we became friends and musical kindred spirits. Hopefully we'll do this again.

How Now, Brown Cow. Chris, I am no longer an English teacher, but I did manage to impersonate one for quite a few years teaching ESL.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Steve Alcott

New York, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2017 7:35 pm    

Very cool-I'm glad the two of you were able to meet and hang.