The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peterson istrobesoft
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 2:55 am    

anyone got this app, I installed on my android and cannot find any sweeteners or how to install. they are available on apple store , so why are they selling for android for more or less the same price. nowhere on their site does it say they are not available for android....

Bill Ladd

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 4:33 am    

Sweetners only available for iPhone. You find this out after purchase. Contact them. They will give you your money back.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 5:17 am    

I use a Peterson tuner, and have the iPhone version. But its inconsistent and not always accurate. Thus I don't use it. I find "Cleartone" to be accurate, cheaper and better. On the iPhone version of Cleartone I can set up my own tuning (e.g. Newman E9th).

I did some testing trying different settings in the iPhone version with a Peterson programmer a couple of years ago. He askes for some tone samples of what I was using. I sent him some tones and that was the last I heard from them. For example the 6th string G# can read exact one time, try it again and it can show sharp or flat. I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 5:51 am    

thanks, Jack, I got cleartone but can't install offsets on android, so both a waste of time..

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 6:00 am    

Cleartune is HARDLY a waste of time. It's a good tuner, and you just either write down or memorize your offsets.
If you like your C# 17 cents flat, point the needle to 17 cents flat (it didn't take me long to learn my offsets in the early days), and such a system is quickly customized.

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 6:06 am    

yes I agree cleartune us good but you don't get what you pay for, iv never got it to take offset's

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 7:43 pm    

With a needle, you don't NEED offsets. It tells you when C# is 17 cents flat.
As an added bonus, you don't have your tuner lying to you, telling you that ET C# is 17 cents sharp

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2017 8:16 pm    

Lane, I play a uni, 8&5. there is a lot of tuning to be done, trying to remembering all the numbers is not easy , I just want to get on with playing..Peterson wrote to me saying they were in the process of developing a new android tuner with the sweetener's. but no release date yet...

Tommy Phillips

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2017 6:18 am    

I had the same problem with istrobosoft. I would be ok sometime and the next time it was off, I had to go back to the stroboflip. I talked with Peterson and they weren't much help.