The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons shop on Broadway: years of operation?
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2017 1:59 pm    

What were the years of operation for the Emmons Dealership on Broadway in Nashville. Also - does anybody remember the address? Thanks very much for any info.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2017 2:12 pm    

The Emmons Nashville showroom, the one that is in the background of the picture of Emmons and Ron Elliott that is on the back of the Emmons "Black Album" was there when I went to work there in September 1971. It had been the showroom for Ampeg, Grammer, Emmons Hammond Organ and Altec (that I remember) but it probably was not long, maybe a year or two before I got there. Shortly after I was hired by Ralph Fielding,k the owner at the time, of Grammer Guitar Co as the amp tech it was changed to "Little Roy Wiggins Music City" music store as Ralph Fielding was out. Little Roy took over as President of Grammer. The store was an Emmons dealer and the factory outlet for Grammer guitars. Bob Browning was the salesman at the store.

I left in 1972 but it lasted a year or two after that.

427 Broadway.

robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2017 6:28 pm    

Jack - Thanks for the timeline and background on the store. Exactly what I needed. ( I know for sure it was still open with Emmons guitars on display in October 1974. I don't know exactly when it closed - but the info you provided is all I needed ) Thanks again.