The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Emmons Restoration
Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 4:03 am    

I've always wanted a project Emmons PP to tear down and rebuild. About 3 weeks ago I found one, a 1978 Emmons Rosewood D10. I can't believe how dirty this was but I knew that going into it. Here are some pictures from its original state.

I also need an Emmons leg as one of them was bent. I tried to make a new one but the knurled aluminum had vise grip jaw marks on it. I'm trying to keep it original so I'd ideally like to find an orional leg like the one in this picture. If anyone as one they'd like to part with, let me know.

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 4:15 am     .

Awesome Steve!

You know I will be following this thread. I am trying hard to get back to my Emmons too but right now I'm finishing up Damir's trashed out Excel. Getting close on that one.

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Steve Schmidt

Ramsey, MN, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 4:34 am    

Mike, tonight after work, I'm going to rescale the above pictures with a couple more, then upload my progress pictures. Your work has inspired me. I am polishing each and every piece. It's turning out to be a fun and enjoyable project.
Mike and I, thru our restorations, have come to be good friends. Aside from the Emmons projects, he builds great amps and I also play and fix my own Fender amps. I hope to someday build my own Fender clone, just for the experience. We also found out we work day jobs in IT and security. I'm proud to call him my friend.

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 4:37 am    

Steve Schmidt wrote:
Mike, tonight after work, I'm going to rescale the above pictures with a couple more, then upload my progress pictures. Your work has inspired me. I am polishing each and every piece. It's turning out to be a fun and enjoyable project.
Mike and I, thru our restorations, have come to be good friends. Aside from the Emmons projects, he builds great amps and I also play and fix my own Fender amps. I hope to someday build my own Fender clone, just for the experience. We also found out we work day jobs in IT and security. I'm proud to call him my friend.

Steve, thanks for the kinds words sir and feelings are mutual for sure. Out of the 100s of amps I have built my favorite is my Deluxe Reverb, 2 KT66s, , Big Iron, 2x10 Golds... You should build one up! I know a guy that can give you some tips if you need em LOL

Cheers

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com