The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Milkman 300 watt pedal steel half & half
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 12:25 pm    

I bought one of these fine amps from Tim and I must say that I am overwhelmed with the build quality, the weight and mostly the sound on both my pedal steel and my guitars. This amp is so easy to EQ and get a great tone in seconds, no lengthy playing around to find what is best, it is just so quick and easy with miner tweaking. The reverb is full and lush and I don't see a need for other effects for pedal steel, at least for my use. This is a very clean sounding amp with a lot of full body and it does take pedals well if that is what you want. I have it on top of a Tommy Huff 15" cabinet loaded with a Sica. My hat's off to you Tim, Great job.

Steve Lipsey

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2017 7:32 pm    

I liked mine so much that I bought two of them - to have one for backup! But they just don't break, so I'll be selling one of them soon to get other stuff...I have two combos with Telonics speakers, one 15" and one 12", and they sound the same (the 12" is a tad brighter)...they are great!

I had a 85 Watt Milkman Pedal Steel Amp, and then a Milkman Sideman, and then a Milkman Pedal Steel Mini (as he introduced each amp I'd go for it...crazy!)...but the Half and Half really is perfect, so warm, so powerful, and so light to carry....30 lbs, 300 watts, tube sound...

Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2017 5:58 am    

I have just the head at a weight of around 12 lbs. Just right for an old man like me. Every time I play it, I like it even more, its' just a great amp.

Ben Greene

San Antonio, Tx.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2017 9:39 am    

I just got mine last week and I can't believe how great this amp sounds! It was really a fluke how I ended up with it, but a buyer backed out and Tim put it on Instagram. I wrote him and he sent it to me a day later. Black tweed wrap, looks and sounds amazing!

Steve Lipsey

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 3:11 pm    

OK, mine is up in the classifieds if anyone is in a Half and Half kind of mood...you get your choice of 12" or 15", I'll keep whichever doesn't sell first, I like them both...
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2644183#2644183

Peter Burke

Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2023 4:45 pm     Can you play the milkman half and half at low volume

Looking to buy a milkman 300 half and half head in australia. Currently using a hx stomp for amp emulation.
Can you use the 300w half and half at low volume for practice? And also smaller venue rooms?
Would also be looking to use headphones with a small mixer at home as well potentially.
Would be looking to use my line 6 powercab plus as the speaker as well.
What do you think?