The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Max 115 Bass Amp - Works for Steel Also
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 5:41 pm    

This is built as a bass amp, but I got a good steel sound with it. I used a Zoom effects box ahead of it for reverb and delay etc. The amp is in good used condition, and works well. Here is the official description and specs.

Some serious Peavey tone from a handy 1x15" combo amp perfect for gigs and rehearsals.

The MAX 115 bass combo amp delivers more bass in a space saving package. With 300 Watts of power that includes DDT speaker protection and a 15 inch heavy-duty woofer, the Peavey MAX 115 is ready for plenty of gigs and rehearsals. Another Peavey exclusive is the patented TransTube circuitry that offers you a gain boost feature that automatically turns off the tweeter for a more authentic classic overdrive sound. The EQ section includes a 3 band EQ and buttons for Punch, Mid-shift and Bright. The Max 115 also includes a unique psycho-acoustic low end enhancement that adds low end without taxing the speaker, a testament to Peavey's technology driven philosophy. Rounding out the features are a built-in chromatic tuner, XLR direct output with ground lift and 1/8" jacks for phones output and aux input.

FEATURES
300 watts into 8 ohms
DDT speaker protection
Pre-gain control with Transtube gain boost which automatically turns off the tweeter for more authentic classic tone
3 band EQ with Punch, Mid-shift and Bright controls
15" speaker with high end tweeter
Psycho-acoustic low end enhancement
Built-in direct output with ground lift
1/8" aux input
1/8" phones output
Chromatic tuner
Height 24.4"
Width 19.1"
Depth 14.5"
Weight 50 lbs.

Price lowered to $200 plus shipping and I will accept Paypal. I use Fedex ground or home delivery for shipping.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 26 May 2017 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2017 6:59 pm    

Bump for the weekend and lower price.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.