The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pf-350
George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 11:41 am    

Wow!! Superb!! You wont' know until you try it. Paul's feedback with Eminence has hit this one out of the park...It is heavy. That's the only drawback compared to the Neo stuff...will play it out tonight for a better acid test...and it's 8 ohms!

Don Mogle

Round Rock, TX, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 6:55 am     Pf-350

Hi George,

Please report on the PF-350 that you were going to test drive this weekend! I'm anxious to hear your assessment of this speaker.

Don

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 7:28 am    

I am also.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 11:06 am    

Ok as a busy weekend warrior...every thing Paul Franklin states in his run down video is true to my ears. I am by no means saying I'm as qualified to quote Paul about his assessment of the new PF-350, but this speaker is just superb. Brought the very same dynamics that exploded my head when I first fired it up in my practice space as at the two gigs this weekend in a live bar room situation. Have it mounted it q 12 inch pine dado cornered cabinet.
It is heavy, that may be an issue of importance to some compared to the Neo mags. To be fair, I have not tried Travis Toy's TT Eminence, and to be honest I didn't care to as I've never been a big fan of 12 inch speakers. I like the 15 Neo Telonics speakers very much that I've been using exclusively up to this time, but the new PF-350 is really amazing, I will say not everyone may like it, just the nature of new stuff, but I'm here to tell you I'd be very surprised that if and when these become more widely purchased and used the same reaction will be totally expected. $209 delivered by many Eminence dealers. I'm going to get another right away. My tube LW 89 and tube heads can easily power 8 and 8 equals 4ohms. That's why Paul requested them to be 8 ohm as he can use two cabinets as I've seen him regularly do.
I just have the one and was extremely pleased, suspect with two and the right stage space would be wicked good. Hate to say it, buy it and you'll see.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 3:35 pm    

Yup just ordered another...fired up the one I have for practice this week and through the DR Z Surgical Steel...whoa! You won't know the difference until you play through the PF-350..oh I know you think this is someone who's lost his mind...well that could be somewhat true, I've never heard a speaker that does what this does and pushes all the buttons. Heavy that's all, but I'll totally put up with that.