The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bluetooth Not Working With Windows 10 Upgrade
Tom Keller

Greeneville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2017 8:06 pm    

Hi Everyone, I am unable to get Bluetooth to work on Windows 10 upgrade, in fact it doesn't show up on device manager. I also tried using a dongle with no success. Any ideas?

Regards

Tom Keller

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 1:58 am    

What OS did you have before?
What is the make and model of the PC?

Tom Keller

Greeneville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 6:27 am    

Hi Jack, The computer is an HP Laptop and it came with Windows 7.

Thanks

Tom Keller

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 8:39 am    

Sounds like a compatibility issue either the actual hardware of the available driver.

Have you checked with HP (for your specific model) for any Win 10, or at least Win 8.1 (not Win Cool drivers for the Bluetooth?

Is there any devices listed in the device manager with errors? Or unknown devices? Which will probably be the Bluetooth.

Tom Keller

Greeneville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 8:51 am    

Thanks Jack, I have checked device manager and found nothing I haven't checked with HP for bluetooth updates.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 10:19 am    

I would suspect it is not compatible (seems odd but there are those that are not). If it were compatible (and not have a hardware problem), Windows would have installed either the correct hardware driver or a generic driver.

Only other possibility is, the Bluetooth was inadvertently disabled in the BIOS or the BIOS is corrupted (and needs reset). Look in the BIOS and see if there is any entry for Bluetooth. You will have to boot Windows and then do a "Restart" to be able to get into the BIOS, as Fastboot is normally enabled and that doesn't allow you to get into the BIOS at power on.