The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New 20 Song Ray Price CD By Justin Trevino!
Tracy Pitcox

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 5:39 pm    

Check out our latest release from Justin Trevin0 - A Salute to Ray Price & The Cherokee Cowboys.

Get your copy today at www.heartoftexasrecords.com or call our office at 325-597-1895!

1. Walk Me To The Door
2. I Won't Mention It Again
3. Different Kind Of Flower (Feat Duane Wavra)
4. You Took My Happy Away
5. I'm Still Not Over You
6. Sittin' And Thinkin'
7. Take Back Your Old Love Letters
8. Twenty-Fourth Hour
9. Heartaches By The Number (Feat Myra Rolen)
10. Let Me Talk To You
11. Please Talk To My Heart
12. Are You Sure
13. I Gotta Have My Baby Back (Feat Ray Price)
14. I'll Be There
15. Danny Boy
16. Pride
17. Soft Rain
18. I’ve Got A New Heartache
19. One More Time
20. For The Good Times

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 6:11 pm    

Just ordered my copy...

Tracy Pitcox

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2017 12:17 pm     CD Details

Heart of Texas Records is pleased to release "Justin Trevino A Salute To Ray Price & The Cherokee Cowboys." This special twenty song project honors the music of Country Music Hall of Famer Ray Price and his award winning band The Cherokee Cowboys."

"Ray Price has always been an idol to myself and countless other Traditional Country Music artists," Trevino said. "He helped to shape the careers of so many entertainers with his incredible voice and selection of some of the finest material ever recorded. I wanted to honor him and those that came out of the Cherokee Cowboy band including Johnny Bush, Darrell McCall, Willie Nelson, Buddy Emmons and many of my other musical heroes."

Trevino selected twenty songs for this project from the hard core honky tonk anthems of "Sittin' And Thinkin' and "Walk Me To The Door" to the more lush and soulful sounds of "Soft Rain" and "I Won't Mention It Again."

"Ray literally had two careers between the solid Honky Tonk songs of the 1950's and 1960's into the more orchestrated sounds of the 1970's," Trevino said. "He helped to broaden the listening horizons of the general Country Music fan and gained a much bigger audience while doing that."

Other selections include "Different Kind Of Flower" "You Took My Happy Away" "Take Back Your Old Love Letters" "The Twenty-Fourth Hour" "Heartaches By The Number" "Please Talk To My Heart" "I'll Be There" "Danny Boy" "I've Got A New Heartache" "On More Time" "For The Good Times" and more.

The highlight of the project is a duet between Trevino and Price on the Floyd Tillman classic of "I Gotta Have My Baby Back." Price and Trevino make this song their own with so much emotion and feeling. Other duets include former Bandolero Duane Wavra on "Different Kind of Flower" and Myra Rolen on "Heartaches By The Number."

The Heart of Texas Records A Team is highlighted including Jake Hooker and Justin Trevino on bass, Levi Mullen and Justin Trevino on rhythm guitar, Floyd Domino, T. Jarrod Bonta and Debra Mueller Hurd on piano, Jim Loessberg and Smiley Reynolds on drums, Randy Reinhard and Dicky Overbey on steel, Bobby Flores, Reggie Rueffer, Johnny Gimble and Ernie Reed on fiddles, Dave Biller, Duane Boman, Charlie Walton and lead guitar and Justin Trevino, Duane Wavra and Myra Rolen on harmony vocals.

"Justin Trevino may have delivered some of his finest vocals on 'A Salute To Ray Price And His Cherokee Cowboys'" Heart of Texas Records President Tracy Pitcox said. "Justin has been honoring Ray Price each and every night on bandstands around the world since he started performing. This collection of songs only proves Justin's true admiration for Mr. Price and his music. It is a very unique project intended to pay homage to one of the greatest in the industry."