The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wilcox Pull Rods
Nicholas Ackron

Daytona Beach
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 7:53 am    

I'm looking to get some pull rods for a Wilcox that a fellow musician friend purchased. If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 6:44 pm    

If you have his web address, you may get them from his Grand Daughter also. He passed away and his Grand Daughter was using his site on Face Book. Not sure if I still have her or not. She was trying to sell his stuff, for his expenses.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Nicholas Ackron

Daytona Beach
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 6:57 pm    

I don't have any information on him, if you or someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 9:29 pm    

Nick, I will try and find the information tomorrow and give it to you.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 9:39 pm    

NICK, go to your search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, or what ever one you use) and type in Chet Wilcox Steel Guitar, and you will find a lot of places. Just go to each until you find one with a phone number. If I can find one for him, I will come back to you. I have talked to him before, several times. He made a nice guitar for the money, and was a fine gentleman. I know he has past away.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 9:56 pm    

From what I found, he lived in Indiana. The phone number I found is 217-454-8045. Not sure if it still works, as I said, The family contacted me on Face Book to see if I wanted to buy some of his equipment. They were trying to save their Grandma's house. I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure if you can't there will be someone on the Forum, that will be able to match you Check with Micky Adams or Mark Van Allen, or Lane Grey. I know his nylon nuts were a different size, but not sure of the rod size. I had one of his guitars for a while. It was nice, and for a SD it was light.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2017 4:42 pm    

Nickolas, did you ever get in touch with Wilcox. His site just came on my FaceBook page yesterday. If you still need them, I will find it and send it to you. His name is Chet Wilcox, not sure how you might find it, but let me know.