The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  China-White Nashville 112, LeCover, & Bro-country Musings
Mark Hepler

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 2:18 pm    

I just ordered a cover for my new Nashville 112 from LeCover. I measured it for Larry—in case the new edition’s dimensions are different from the old model (I think the new one’s a hair smaller)—so he’s got the latest specs on file.

I have to say, his turnaround time was amazing, and the fit and quality are outstanding!—great bang for the buck compared to other providers.

As for the Nashville 112 amp: I like it, but the lows are sweeter than those of my dual Fender Champ 12s, which had more bark: maybe that’s a good thing?

But the highs sing! I had fun cranking it up at our Bro-country band practice . . . making the guitar players’ ears bleed until they begged for mercy. What a treat! They’ve been drowning out my Champs, so now they have to pay:)

By the way, I’ve started using Etymotic Research ETY earplugs: they’re great!

Regarding Bro country, I think most of its players are rockers with no inkling of country music’s Golden Age, so they’re thrilled by simple slides & licks . . . “like, whoa dude . . . cool.” The music presents challenges: the classic half-note breaths are missing at the end of singers’ phrases, so, except for songs like “Smoke” & “Ain’t Worth the Whiskey”, there isn’t much room for fills. But there’s a ton of banjo going on in the background, so if you have rolls worked up, there’s space for ‘em.

Simplicity, as always, works best. What do you all think?

Last edited by Mark Hepler on 18 Apr 2017 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 3:41 am    

Was your new '112' purchased from Billy Cooper Music? Wanda informed me that they finally had them back in stock.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 8:25 am     Peavey Nashville 112

Thank you for using our products, Mark. Anytime I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA

Mark Hepler

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 10:50 am     Thanks, Mike

Mike,

Thanks for offering support! I'll follow up if I need help.

Mark Hepler

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 11:09 am     Amp purchase

David,

Though Billy Cooper's is one of the best steel stores in the US, & I would have supported them, I couldn't resist a fluke "scratch & dent" offer at AMS (it popped up out of nowhere when I was researching the amp online).

There's nary a scratch or dent to be seen on my 112, so it must have been an open-box return: drastically reduced, zero tax & shipping, with a factory warranty.

But at Cooper's, you can try it out on their steels and probably return it or get it fixed easily if you have problems. So . . . ?

As for the amp: it cuts through today's tonally dense music pretty well.

Mark Hepler

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2017 10:26 am     Tone setting fudge factors

Another thought on the new Nashville 112: minute tone-setting variations make large differences, whereas tube amps have bigger fudge factors. Does anyone notice much difference between 5 and 6 on Fender or Mesa knobs?