The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio SGA - Jody Cameron Seminar - August 13th
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 12:43 pm    

The San Antonio Steel Guitar Association is very pleased to announce that Jody Cameron, Texas Hall of Fame player, will be hosting a seminar in San Antonio on August 13th. The seminar will delve into the use of the 9th string for a variety of sounds. Cost is $35 in advance and includes a booklet. The 2 hour seminar starts at 11:30 at the American Legion in Converse, TX.

Attendees are invited to stay after the seminar for the monthly jam of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association, which starts at 2:00 and goes until 5:00.

For more information on the seminar, contact Jody Cameron at: emmonsd10@yahoo.com.

For more information on the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association, contact Ben Price at: james_ben_price@hotmail.com.

Visit our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/satxsga

John Heinrich

Whites Creek, TN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 10:38 am    

Ben, was just there at the Tobin Center playing my EXCEL single neck Pedal Steel with Ronnie Milsap! Had a blast to say the least and look forward to visiting again in the future. You sure have a happenin' city! I was there back in 1983 with a group I was in when I was living in Europe and man has it changed!
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 10:59 am    

John, sorry I missed your show (working - as usual) but I bet it was great!

San Antonio certainly has changed in the last 20 years. It's growing like crazy! I actually live in Helotes (home of John T. Floore's country store) and there are more folks here than bluebonnets.

San Antonio is blessed with quite a few world-class steel players and Jody Cameron (although from Houston) is one of them. Everyone is excited about this event, which will be held immediately before our San Antonio Steel Guitar Association monthly jam (all are welcome). Jody is an excellent instructor so students will absolutely get their money's worth.

San Antonio is also a great destination city for a mini-vacation. There are lots of things to do here like the Alamo, Riverwalk, Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, Natural Caverns, shopping, and Tex-Mex food. If you've ever though of visiting our fair city, this would be a fantastic time to combine pleasure with pleasure.

Hope you and yours enjoyed Easter.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association