The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Rayco Resophonic Guitar is sold. Please close
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 10:44 am    

I have a custom built resophonic guitar built by Rayco in Canada. This guitar is of the highest quality of quilted maple and very high quality in construction and finish. This guitar definitely ranks right up there with Scheerhorns and Beard guitars in tone and quality. This guitar has the sound posts and baffle construction with a Scheerhorn cone and a #14 spider bridge. It has a jack inserted for a pickup I once had in it. The pickup crapped out and I never replaced it, so the jack is still there to install another pickup if you wish. The case is still like brand new and the guitar is in mint condition. It looks and sounds great. Raycos are very reputable guitars. They have a couple of videos of me playing this guitar on their website. It's the videos of playing with the Grand band here in Branson. I'm only asking $2300.00 plus shipping. Please email me for pictures. Thanks!

Dean Holman

Last edited by Dean Holman on 2 Jun 2017 8:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 11:03 am    

I'm not used to buying and selling on here very often. I never used to have any problems uploading pictures, but for some reason I'm having trouble this time and now it won't let me edit my own post. I'm a big believer in showing pictures and putting as much information as possible, but like I said, email or pm me if you want to see pictures. This is a very nice instrument. As most of you know, high quality instruments are very expensive. I'm selling this way cheaper than it would cost to have one like this built. I take a lot of pride in taking care of my instruments the,best that I can. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Thanks!

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 5:27 pm    

Dean sent me the photos. Here they are:

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2017 9:30 pm    

$2200.00?

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 11:54 am    

That's a pretty one! I sat and played a number of Rayco square necks at Wintergrass Festival a few months back. As good an instrument as anything else out there IMO.

Dean, I don't see this on the ResoHangout forum classifieds. It's not a large group over there but it is specialized and nearly all square neck players. Might consider listing it there.

Good luck!

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 12:47 pm    

That's a good deal. I wouldn't sell mine for that.

Harold Gilliam

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2017 7:08 am    

Brad Bechtel wrote:
Dean sent me the photos.

. Pictures of the sides? Nice guitar

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2017 9:16 am    

I'll try to get some pictures of the sides but I can tell you the wood on the sides look exactly like the front and back. There are no shortcuts on this guitar. On the inside of this guitar, you can't even see where anything was glued. Everything is clean and precise. I also wanted to mention that the binding is curly maple and the inlay is abalone dots. The top part of the headstock is ebony and the fretboard is ebony.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 4:05 pm    

TTT

Harold Gilliam

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2017 11:12 am     Re: 2012 Quilted Maple Rayco Resophonic Guitar

Dean Holman wrote:
I have a custom built resophonic guitar built by Rayco in Canada. This guitar is of the highest quality of quilted maple and very high quality in construction and finish. This guitar definitely ranks right up there with Scheerhorns and Beard guitars in tone and quality. This guitar has the sound posts and baffle construction with a Scheerhorn cone and a #14 spider bridge. It has a jack inserted for a pickup I once had in it. The pickup crapped out and I never replaced it, so the jack is still there to install another pickup if you wish. The case is still like brand new and the guitar is in mint condition. It looks and sounds great. Raycos are very reputable guitars. They have a couple of videos of me playing this guitar on their website. It's the videos of playing with the Grand band here in Branson. I'm only asking $2300.00 plus shipping. Please email me for pictures. Thanks!

Dean Holman
I've been thinking about your guitar for a long time. I'll take it, if it is still available. Harold

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 7 May 2017 6:06 pm    

Sale pending.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2017 8:18 pm    

Sold! Please close.