The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sage Benado's Customer Service
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 6:36 am    

My Steel Dream developed an issue Saturday afternoon. I didn't have a gig that night, so it wasn't an immediate emergency, but I know trouble shooting and repair take time. So, I called Sage Benado to leave him a message, knowing he would be busy on Saturday evening. Sage called me back within the hour and spent an hour on the phone with me. He helped me diagnose the problem, get the unit operational again, and showed me some alternate settings to use in different types of surroundings.

This is the second time Sage has responded in this manner. The first time was just after I bought the Steel Dream. He and I had been discussing settings at the Dallas jamboree. He told me to call him during a specified time frame the next afternoon, so I did. He was travelling from the Dallas jamboree back to Nashville. I suggested we talk after he got home and had a chance to rest, but he insisted on helping me immediately.

Sage has been like this since I met him in Dallas about three years ago. He's always treated me like I was one of his universally famous customers instead of just the country steel hacker I am.

We often don't take the time to recognize people like Sage. It's great to know there are people like him.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 9:19 am    

GD walker is the same way, I had some issues a couple of times with my Stereo Steel. I called him and he returned my call promptly and, has helped me trouble shoot the problem, and walked me through to fix it.

There are some who realize the TRUE meaning of customer service. It's a shame JD Powers doesn't recognize people like Mike Brown at Peavey, GD Walker, Sage Benado, and the many other good folks out there, who goes above and beyond the call to give outstanding customer service to the consumer.
Tommy Shown

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2017 12:04 pm    

Sage is one of us. Not in anyway pretentious and gives you the utmost customer service in a timely fashion.

I give him 5 stars for a great product and customer service!