The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steelers' Choice Seats
Brett Robinson

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 10:43 pm    

I cannot say enough about Mr. Dan Rollans at Steelers' Choice in Little Rock. On super short notice he came through for me in the midst of our tour and delivered an excellent seat. I've always used Steelers' Choice seats, but today was my first chance to meet Mr. Dan and deal with him directly. I had a blast chatting with him and am stoked about my new seat.

Last edited by Brett Robinson on 7 Apr 2017 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 4:44 am    

I love these seats! I have two and I've found them sturdy, reliable and well thought-out.

A few years ago I decided to sit a little higher to my guitars and Dan took care of that for me, too. Great service!

I've chosen to remove the dividers in the main- and side-compartments. When I leave for work I have my amp, guitar and Steelers' Choice seat in the sure knowledge that anything I might need on the job is safely stowed inside.

They're not light but the quality is second-to-none.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 5:00 am    

Great pic Brett! Dan is the man!

There are some great seats out there but Steeler's Choice is "my choice". Quality and service. What a concept! Wink

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 5:15 am    

Two thumbs up for Dan...outstanding product and customer service!

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 6:16 am    

My 10 year old Steeler's Choice seat is still like new. It was the first seat I ever had with a back rest and side compartment.

That is a great picture!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 7:38 am    

I have used the Steeler's Choice seat for many years.
I worked my way up.
Initially, just a plain seat.
Then a seat with a back rest.
Then a seat with a back rest and a side car.
And finally a seat with a back rest, side car and a power strip.
It just keeps on getting better! Very Happy

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 11:44 am    

My first one had a power-strip but I never used it. When I ordered my second (black) seat I did not specify the strip. I recently removed the power-strip and cord from my older seat - the cord would become unraveled and it was all just in the way.

Both, though, have back-rests and the invaluable side-pocket. I can't imagine life without that pocket and the opened lid for cups of coffee at rehearsals.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 11:47 am    

Erv Niehaus wrote:
I have used the Steeler's Choice seat for many years.
I worked my way up.
Initially, just a plain seat.
Then a seat with a back rest.
Then a seat with a back rest and a side car.
And finally a seat with a back rest, side car and a power strip.
It just keeps on getting better! Very Happy

Next he'll have to come up with one that plays the steel for me, without the clunkers! Laughing

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 1:28 pm    

I love the power strip in mine.
I plug in the wall warts for my Hilton pedal and any effects I might be using. Very Happy

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 1:45 pm    

I have two Steeler's Choice sidekicks with back. Actually I have a new one and my wife has the other (for her GFI S-10).

I built about 20 seats back in the 80's, after I bought a Kline seat and didn't like vinyl covering and the fold up feet that they used (same as Emmons Guitar Co. used on theirs). I even had my last one sold in less than an hour when I took it to the ISGC (and they wanted more). There are a couple, that I know of that I built, still in use. But I retired from my day job and sold most of my shop equipment and after seeing the sidecar model I had to have one. I built most of mine with the boat seat hinge seat backs, but never really liked the seat back angle. The Steeler's Choice design is far superior to the boat seat type.

Last year I thought I wanted a lighter seat and bought one but missed the sidecar and sold it right after I got it. The "lite" seat was exactly as advertised but no sidecar (I see he is offering one with a sidecar now).
The sidecar compartment has become a "must" for me.

Dan Rollans

Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2017 3:21 pm     Thank you

First, let me say thank you to Brett. I enjoy building Steelers Choice seats and it's especially enjoyable when I get a chance to meet with a customer for delivery. Fellas you owe it to your self to see Whitey Morgan and the 78's when they come to your town. Brett plays some awesome real country steel on a beautiful ShowPro built by Mr. Marrs. You will find out that Ralph Mooney is one of his heroes.
Also, thank you to all you guys for choosing Steelers Choice and the kind words. Please feel free to call me @ 501-912-6526. 7 days a week 9-9 central time. Visit www.steeleschoice.com
I promised dad , Kenn Rollans, that I would try carry on his legacy in the steel guitar world

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 4:10 pm    

Matching seats to my guitars was easy thanks to Dan :-} ... love my Steelers Choice seats, simply the bees knees !!

Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 6:31 pm    

Love my Steeler's Choice as well, it's my #1...

Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2017 4:22 am    

I have 2 Steelers Choice seats. I sent a set of cushions to Dan for a color change to match my new guitar. They arrived on Monday, he changed the color that afternoon and shipped them back to me the next day. He sent me a note and told me that he needed to replace the foam. When I asked him how much extra money that I needed to send---he said "none". Now that is service after the sale. When it comes time to buy a new seat. I won't even hesitate to order from Steelers Choice.

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2017 9:37 pm    

I'm VERY happy with mine!

John Drury

Gallatin, Tn USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2020 2:42 pm    

Mine just came today and I am so impressed with the quality of materials used, and the workmanship!

I had an Easy Rider that I sold with my last guitar and was concerned about getting another one as nice. The one that Dan built me is every bit as nice as the older one and then some!

I highly recommend!

Thanks a lot Dan!

NTSGA #3

"Practice cures most tone issues" ~ John Suhr

Richard Stoops

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2020 6:32 pm     steelers choice seats

I have two of them, bought used on the forum. One had a backrest, the other didn't. I liked the backrest, so I copied the design and installed it on the other seat ... love it, great seats.

Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2020 11:43 am    

I have some. I’ve outfitted them all with the adjustable feet. Best mod I ever did.

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2020 6:52 pm     Seats

MY VERY FIRST SEAT WAS A 20 YEAR OLD SEAT BUILT BY KEN ROLLINS AND IT LOOKED LIKE NEW. IT BELONGED TO BOX CAR WILLIES STEEL PLAYER. I HAVE HAD TWO MORE SEATS MADE MY DAN AND LOVE THEM..........GREAT PRODUCTS......CLARK

Landon Johnson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2020 8:42 pm     I have one coming!

I've ordered an ER with a backrest and now I am having serious buyer's remorse - that I didn't order the sidecar.

I might add that I filled out an inquiry form and the man called me literally 5 minutes later, and expects to ship it by the end of next week. I base my purchases half on product and half on who I buy it from so this is a no-brainer.

Perhaps I'll email him after I sleep on it and change my order.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2020 11:42 pm    

I've had two Steelers Choice seats. Kenn and Dan were great guys to deal with and my 31 year old single seat is still what I use.

Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 4:18 am    

I got my seat with back rest and side car from Ken Back in 04 or 5matched to my guitar. It still is in excellent shape. When I called Ken to order it he had just made what I wanted it arrived in 3 days. He also told me he had relatives in my neck of the woods. Wes

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2020 4:44 am    

Know if we could only get a pedal steel built as well as Dan builds these Pack a seats we would be iHAPPY AS A PIG IN THE SUNSHINE!!!!

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2021 10:29 am     New Matching Color Steelers Choice Sidekick

This is my newest Steelers Choice Sidekick. Dan perfectly matched the color to my
Sho~Bud LDG. Throughout the years, I’ve had a few Steelers Choice Seats, first, from Ken and then from Dan. They’ve all been very well built, aesthetically beautiful and extremely comfortable. Dan, you’ve gone above and beyond everything necessary to carry on your dad’s legacy. Ken would be so very proud of you. Your craftsmanship and customer service is excellent.

KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2021 11:28 am     steel seats

Dan built me two seats, blue and red. Great seats, great service, great delivery. You can't beat'em!