The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 400 mod
Hay Joosten

Chicago, IL
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2017 9:44 pm    

Hi Forumites,

I have an opportunity to buy a Nashville 400, pre-mod era. I looked through the forum, but it seems like the Peavey Factory mod got discontinued. I inquired with Fox Vintage amps, and Ken said his mod remedies a different issue than the poor bass response.

Are any mods still currently available for the original bass response issue? I am playing through 2 different tube amps that I have for guitar right now but I am interested in trying a "classic" psg amp.

Thanks!

Hay

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2017 2:40 am    

Which version is this? The original Nashville 400's with the 1502-4 BW speaker didn't need the tone mod. It was only the ones that used the 1501-4 speaker (up till Peavey incorporated the tone mod into production).

The amp tone circuit "voicing" was designed for the 1502-4 speaker. The 1501-4 speaker has a different frequency response than the 1502-4 and thus the amp needed the tone adjustment to compensate for the response of the 1501-4.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2017 11:54 am     Peavey steel guitar amp mods

Although we do not offer the sale of our steel amplifier mod kits, our factory technicians can install a mod kit if you send the chassis to us here at the factory. Our service address is;
Peavey Service Center
Attn; Repair Department
412 Hwy. 80 East
Meridian, MS 39301

Please include a note instructing our techs what work you wish to have performed, ie; mod kit, repair jacks, etc., along with your daytime phone number.

Note; all Nashville 400 amplifiers that have above serial number 08575482 already came with the mod kit installed from the factory. Also, the Nashville 112, Session 2000, Nashville 1000, the new Session 115 have the mod kits incorporated into their circuits.

If there are any questions, please feel free to call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext. 1180.

Joe Ribaudo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 10:01 am     Re: Peavey steel guitar amp mods

Mike Brown wrote:

If there are any questions, please feel free to call me toll free at...

Wow... Well I'm impressed.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 11:14 am    

You should be, Joe. Mike and his crew of techs are the best in the business. Smile

Hay Joosten

Chicago, IL
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 5:29 pm    

Thank you everyone!

Craigslist seller was not able to give me more information, and found a very cheap Session 500 at GC, so I am going for that one!

Shipping weight 89lbs haha!