The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Walking After Midnight... Assistance, Please?
Jeffrey Smith

Harvest, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 8:36 pm    

I'm going to do this song on steel, and being an old 6-string player, I would like to find a tab for it. That's how I convert things to steel. The tab that is prevalent on the web is obviously oversimplified.

I'm not asking anyone to tab this in the traditional "guitar chords over words" sense, but can someone give me just the succession of the chords...

Like this: C C7 Dm Fmaj6, etc. Not that those are the chords, mind you... just if you could give me the progression like that it would be most helpful.

I ought to be able to figure it out but I'm missing some nuances. Others will probably claim, "you're missing more than nuances if you can't figure this out on your own." Ha! Well... I grew up playing 3 and 4 chord songs and the E13 steel chords played on the original song are escaping my simple understanding of what I'm hearing.

Just the succession/progression will be fine... I will figure out where they fall in the song.

One thing I've always noted about this community and about steel players in general... I don't know why it is... but they're always a lot more willing to help someone learn something than your average picker... so I appreciate any and all help I can get.

And to be clear, I am looking for the chords a guitarist would play -- not a traditional steel guitar tab (since I don't play E9 or C6 but rather E6/9).

Thanks!
Jeff Smith
Athens, AL

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2017 4:17 am    

Jeff

Check your email

M

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Jeffrey Smith

Harvest, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2017 6:33 pm     Please check for a PM

mtulbert wrote:
Jeff

Check your email

M

Mark... Thanks! Please check your PM area for an email address to use.

Thanks!
Jeff Smith